Lots more analysis and autopsies to come. Thanks so much for reading, laughing, crying, raging and debating with us this season.
- Recaps of the end of the road: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | NY Times | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Raw Charge
- John Tavares describes the loss succinctly: "It's brutal." [NHL.com]
- You can also describe Victor Hedman as a "goddamn beast." [Newsday | TSN.ca]
- Brian Compton on the hows and whys the Islanders are going home.
- For a few notable UFAs, the end of the season could mean the end of their time on the Islanders. [Newsday | PHT | Frans Nielsen has been a proud Islander]
- Travis Hamonic says he "love[s] being an Islander, more than anything" but Jack Capuano isn't ready to say goodbye just yet to one of his warriors. [LHH Video | NY Post | ESPN]
- As majority ownership of the team transfers from Charles Wang to Jon Ledecky and Scott Malkin, the next steps forward become their responsibility. [Newsday | Brooksie is a ray of sunshine]
- When filtered through Broadway Blue glasses, the Islanders' season was a big fat meh. [Sorry to waste your time, Pat Leonard]
- The Shawinigan Cataractes is down 3-0 in the QMJHL's President Cup finals and are now on the brink of elimination. Anthony Beauvillier scored again, but Rouyn-Noranda came out on top of Game 3, 2-1. [CP Recap | Sportsnet on Beauviller's style]
- We haven't talked much about the Missouri Mavericks and the ECHL playoffs, but they forced a Game 6 in their second round series against the Allen Americans. Prospects Carter Verhaeghe and Ross Johnston each scored for the Mavs. [Soundin' Off]
In Case You Missed It
- The Senators may have lost out on Bruce Boudreau, but they did land Guy Boucher, bringing him back to the NHL. Gonna be interesting to see how his defensive schemes and Erik Karlsson mesh. [Silver Seven]
* * *
I was out all day yesterday and missed the game. I have no desire to watch it now. But I did watch the handshake line and saw much respect from both sides. I'd love to know what Rick Bowness said to Tavares in their extended discussion. My guess is, "Wow, you guys are way better than the Islanders teams I coached."