I don't need to tell you folks what the situation is. An Islanders win extends their season for another game. Today at 3:00 pm, we get the answer. May God have mercy on all our souls and on our Mothers Day gatherings.
- The day before what could be the final day of their season, the Islanders were a loose bunch. [NHL.com | NY Post]
- The long-time Islanders know this could very well be their last ride together. [Newsday | NHL.com]
- Mark Herrmann opines on being so close and yet so far and sends an SOS on behalf of John Tavares.
- Getting over the mental barrier of their situation will be a key battle. [Newsday]
- Game 5 will tell us if the Islanders are fighters or just feeling satisfied. [Brooksie]
- Minor league teams moving is nothing new, but Bridgeport has been a stable franchise for what feels like forever. How long that lasts is anyone's guess. [CT Post]
- Woof. It was a bad weekend for Islanders junior prospects in their league finals, and Joshua Ho-Sang, Mathew Barzal and Anthony Beauvillier are all down 2-0 in their respective series. London was again too much for Niagara [St. Cath. St], Seattle dropped a second straight game in OT to Brandon [T-Birds] and Shawinigan couldn't come back to win their resumed game against Rouyn-Noranda on Day 2 [QMJHL]
- The Capitals did what the Islanders want to do and kept their series alive, beating the Penguins in Game 5 3-1. [Japers]
- St. Louis can close out Dallas with a win on Monday after taking Game 5 of their series, 4-1. [StL GT]
- And San Jose is up 3-2 on Nashville after a 5-1 blowout that devolved into chaos. [SBN]
- Two surprise bits of NHL news came down on Saturday night: One, Bruce Boudreau has been named head coach of the Minnesota Wild, who are hoping he can unlock their offense [Wilderness] | Second, the Panthers will bump GM Dale Tallon to a hockey ops position and name Tom Rowe as his replacement [Miami Herald]
- Jamie Benn, Sidney Crosby and Patrick Kane are your Hart Trophy finalists. [NHL.com]
- Not Hockey 1: Nyquist the horse (not Detroit's Nyquist the winger, aka Gustav) won the Kentucky Derby. [SBN]
- Not Hockey 2: BARTOLO! [SBN]