- NHL teammates often find themselves playing against each other at the IIHF World Championships. Thomas Greiss and Brock Nelson took things a step further in Germany's 3-2 win over Team USA on Sunday with a quick crease altercation that netted Greiss two minutes for roughing and Nelson a headache.
Greiss gets 2 minutes for punching his Islanders teammate Brock Nelson. pic.twitter.com/KiEJ2JB292— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 15, 2016
- Greiss made 31 saves for his second consecutive win for the Germans, and Nelson earned an assist on an Auston Matthews goal. But, uh, guys: dial it back a little, will ya. Training camp is four months away. [Islanders | NHL.com | IIHF recap]
- Our friend Torgo is running a video game recreation of the Islanders season and you can follow along. [FanPost]
- Stan Fischler says the Islanders fit the profile as a Brooklyn sports team, running out of luck at the worst time. [Daily Freeman]
- Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals went to the Blues, who beat the Sharks 2-1. Brian Elliott was spectacular. [SBN]
- Joe Thornton's body tried to absorb a puck, no doubt to feed his copious beard. [SBN]
- That beard is so magnificent that David Backes felt the need to grab it during the game. [SBN]
- A Tampa community is trying to cater to Pittsburgh transplants during the ECF and Lightning fans aren't happy because that's some serious bullshit. [Raw Charge]
- Litter Box Cats is the latest to profile Tage "Son of Brent" Thompson, who could be a first round pick this year.