- Garth Snow delivered his State of the Islanders address yesterday and talked a lot but said really very little as is his way. He'd like to keep the UFAs and add to his team's talent pool, and pulls no punches about losing to the Lightning ("The better team won. We came out in Game 1 and sat back in the third period, didn't play well at all in Game 2, then lost two tight overtime games at home. That last game was a total no-show, we laid an egg for sure.") IPB has the transcript of all the topics | Recaps by Newsday | NY Times | NHL.com with the Greiss/Halak angle]
- Puck Daddy's Ryan Lambert parses through the Islanders many offseason questions.
- The annual post-season injury roll call includes Josh Bailey having a concussion and Anders Lee almost coming back from his broken leg. [LHH]
- World Championships: Thomas Greiss will suit up mach schnell for Team Germany. Also, Brock Nelson is in for Team USA, but Nikolay Kulemin looks like he's sitting this one out.
- Anthony Beauvillier's junior season is over as Rouyn-Noranda downs Shawinigan in five games to take the QMJHL's President Cup. Beauvillier had a remarkable 30 points (15g, 15a) in 21 playoff games. [CP recap]
- The very cool Sydney Esiason is much, much more than Boomer's daughter and Matt Martin's girlfriend. She sat with Greg Wyshynski and Dave Lozo for a highly entertaining episode of the Puck Soup podcast and talked about her career, her life in the spotlight and getting caught in the middle of a blood rivalry.
- Fanpost Friday! Community member Mark Lupo recaps a season to remember. | And the one-and-only Khan Noonian Singh picks which Islander he wouldn't strand on an uninhabited planet.
- Isles Blog is selling "Ledecky/Malkin '16 - Make the Islanders Great Again" t-shirts.
- Barclays Center might soon have some new neighbors. [Nets Daily]
- Look, I'll be honest. This story pisses me off and it pisses me off even more that I have to write about it. Per a report in Newsday, the Islanders have told the Long Island Gulls youth hockey league that they can't use the Twin Rinks building in Eisenhower Park for games anymore. The Islanders bought the facility last year to convert into their practice space and offices. So, yes, it's their property. But booting kids out is bullshit and the kind of PR the team doesn't need. They're going to court over it at the end of the month. I hope the kids win.
- The Sharks blew out the Predators 5-0 in Game 7 to reach their fourth Western Conference final in franchise history. Apparently this whole, "Mailing in a Game 7" thing is something that affects teams other than the Islanders. [FTF | OTF]
- Young Coyotes GM John Chayka isn't some Johnny Come Lately. He started his own stats company when he was 19. [Edm. Jour.]
- Meanwhile, the Coyotes and Glendale are headed for a final break-up that was a long time coming. Oh, and that Vegas arena will be done soon? You don't say... [KTAR.com]
- A post from our own PPP appeared on an episode of Canadian TV show Hockey Wives in a "mean media" montage. Actually, that's sorta cool.