A hot-n-fresh season wrap-up episode of Islanders Anxiety is on the way later this morning. Until then, here you go:
- In case you somehow missed that big, beautiful banner on the front page, Travis Hamonic is staying. Sorry to disappoint you, Western Canada: LHH goes green | Video | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Puck Daddy | Winnipeg Sun | NHL.com's Brian Compton on the man and what makes him so special to the Islanders.
- The futures of Kyle Okposo, Frans Nielsen and Matt Martin remain unsettled. All of them said the right things. Newsday on Nielsen | Puck Daddy on the trio | Newsday on Okposo's Long Island life and possibly final merch signing | A sad gallery of sad faces.
- Jaroslav Halak had a weird second season with the Islanders, which may also be his last. [NY Post]
- From the "No Surprise" Department: Garth Snow is keen to keep his coaches on staff, and doesn't expect a lot of front office changes. [Newsday]
- Taking stock and looking ahead. [NY Times | WSJ | Brooklyn Daily Eagle | The AP]
- John Tavares learns first hand that living up to legends is extraordinarily difficult. [Newsday]
- Just ask Alexei Yashin, who remains a fan of his former team. [NHL.com]
- Shannon Hogan's Top Islanders Moments of the playoffs. [MSG Networks]
- Flatbush Files' Vinny Piccolo recaps the season's ups and downs.
- Altar of Bossy bravely fights back the inherent Islanders fan negativity to accentuate the positive.
- Mathew Barzal and the Thunderbirds are down 3-0 after a third consecutive overtime loss to Brandon. That's mind-boggling. Barzal had two assists in the game. The Wheat Kings can wrap up the series tonight. [WHL]
- The Shawinigan Cataractes stayed alive with a 6-4 win over Rouyn-Noranda, preventing the Huskies from the sweep. Anthony Beauvillier had a goal and an assist. [QMJHL]
- Niagara will try to do the same in Game 4 of the OHL finals tonight against London. Josh Ho-Sang has five points (one goal, four assists) in the first three games.
- The incredible season of the Missouri Mavericks ends with a 5-1 loss to the Allen Americans in the ECHL's Western semifinal. Missouri went 52-15-3 this season, but bowed out in the second round in six games. [Mavs]
Outside the exit meetings
- Stop me if you've heard this one before but the Capitals have been eliminated before the conference finals. This time was supposed to be different, though. [Japers cries it out. It's hard not to sympathize.]
- Meanwhile, it's Penguins-Lightning for the Prince of Wales Trophy. [Pensburgh recaps | ...and spins the Wheel of Capitals Excuses]
- Michael Fornabaio catches you up on some AHL team moves.
- Down Goes Brown breaks down the kinds of controversies you see in the NHL playoffs. No team is immune. [Sportsnet]
- The incredible story of Canucks' forward Linden Vey and the murder trials of his family. A sad and shocking reminder that we have no idea what players go through in their personal lives. [The Province]