It hasn't been a smooth season for the Islanders, and I'm as guilty as anyone for harshly analyzing and criticizing every minute they've played (and not played). But that was a hell of a performance last night to get a win then they needed one. Feels good to have seen it.
Playoffs are clinched, but the work is not done. Let's hope some dudes heal up. Next game is Thursday at the Garden.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Japers
- This just in: the Islanders are mostly unpopular. [LHH]
- The Hockey News notices that a lot of Islanders are hurt.
- Adam Pelech is very happy to be back on skates and helping the Sound Tigers again. [CT Post]
- Lots of new faces in and out as the Sound Tigers chase a playoff spot of their own. [Soundin' Off]
Oh, there's more?
- First Ryan McDonagh, now Dan Girardi might be hurt for the Rangers, too. [NY Post]
- The hits keep coming for the Lightning, who also played without Victor Hedman and Ryan Callahan last night. [NHL.com]
John Scott finally played for the Canadiens last night, and was given a choice as to what his next move was. Looks like he'll go back home to Michigan and call it a career. [EOTP]
- 30 Thoughts on emails, concussions and the magnificence of Joe Thornton.
- How much are the Flames going to have to fork over to Sean Monahan and Johnny Gaudreau? Start with a lot and work from there. [NHL Numbers]
- The best time to pull a goalie might be earlier rather than later. [TSN.ca]
- Down Goes Brown ranks the playoff series he'd like to see. [Sportsnet]
- Patrick Roy and Matt Duchene had a heart-to-heart about how and how not to celebrate goals when you're getting blown out. [Denver Post]
- Hurricanes coach Bill Peters will coach Team Canada at the World Championships. [Canes Country]
- Sorry to break it to you but Darren Dreger hears that the Oilers might not be as willing to trade Taylor Hall as you think they might be. [TSS]
- Tonight is a final home game for the Oilers at Rexall Place/Northlands Coliseum and Sportsnet's John Shannon reminisces.
Watch it again all day.