Good game last night, guys. Let's try for another tonight in DC. FIG picks go here.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | NY Times | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Raw Charge
- The Islanders' magic number is worth a deuce. [NYI Skinny]
- Wait, you can do that before a game?
'we had a closed door meeting today before the game, among ourselves. We know we need to be better.' - Martin #isles— Andy Graziano (@tazman19) April 5, 2016
- The secret word of the day was "injuries." J-F Berube was hurt on Saturday and Christopher Gibson is up from Bridgeport on an emergency recall [LHH | Newsday]
- Then, during the actual game, Calvin de Haan appeared to hurt his knee blocking a shot and might not play tonight. But wait, there's good news, too. We now know what Adam Pelech had and he could be back soon. [LHH]
- Hm. That guy sitting on the train over there looks like Mike Bossy. Wait... [Newsday]
- Community member Head of Metal comes around to Barclays Center. [FanPost]
- Shannon Hogan blogs about the playoffs, Travis Hamonic and the Red Wings' streak.
- Bridgeport's Alan Quine is your CCM/AHL Player of the Week.
- More info on the Islanders alumni celebration of Al Arbour
The New York Islanders' Alumni will be celebrating life of Al Arbour this week. Here are the details: pic.twitter.com/eI0kN6DOxB— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 4, 2016
Beyond the bubble
- The Rangers clinched their playoff berth, but Ryan McDonagh left their game with a hand injury. [NY Post]
- St. Louis has shut down David Backes and Jake Allen for the rest of the regular season with injuries. [Game Time]
- The NHL has given Nazem Kadri the rest of the year off with a four game suspension for cross-checking. [PPP]
- Why the hell is Braden Holtby even playing tonight with nothing on the line for the Capitals? He's chasing Martin Brodeur's wins record. [NY Times]
- Frank Seravalli's Monday column talks about Patrick Roy's outburst and Steven Stamkos' rib-removal surgery to alleviate his blood clot. [TSN.ca]
- Pavel Datsyuk responded to those KHL rumors with some cagey shit that won't sit well with Red Wings fans. [WIIM]
- Red Berenson will be back behind the Michigan bench for a 217th year. [SBN CH]
- Willie Mitchell has missed most of the Panthers' magical season with concussion issues, and he opens up about his future and what players think of the league's views towards safety. [Sportsnet]
- For a team that wasn't around long, the California Golden Seals had a lot of uniforms. [Third String Goalie]
- So long, Snizzbone. Nice knowin' ya. [Yahoo.ca]