Last night the Islanders' playoff chances were further boosted by: The Bruins being smoked by the Hawks, and: Philadelphia being smoked by the Pens. Elsewhere, the WIld were smoked by the Jets, but it didn't really matter because the Avs were smoked by the Blues, which all but eliminates Colorado.
Lotta playoff hopefuls getting smoked, basically.
Tonight the Islanders host a Lightning team that is without Anton Stralman (Ryan Pulock cannon victim) and now Steven Stamkos (blood clot...bummer, dude). We'll see where the smoke goes this time, as it's the start of five games in seven nights. Leave your FIG picks here.
- Jack Capuano notices that the Isles "have to pick it up." Could be his job on the line. More specifically: "I don’t think our secondary guys are doing anything to help us win, and I think the older, veteran guys feel that in a way." [Metro]
- The ice at Barclays has been bad enough lately that renowned ice guru Dan Craig has been called on the scene. [Newsday | LHH]
- The Sound Tigers' playoff push took a hit with a loss to Springfield and some other unfavorable results. [Soundin' Off | CT Post]
- Can we not get past "Cindy" as a taunt for Crosby? Looking at the Isles PA announcer. [Puck Daddy]
- A look at the week in the Metro. [All about the Jersey]
- On Stamkos, Lightning fans try to digest the "what now?" [Raw Charge]
- Tod McLellan ripped his failing Oilers, and it was entertaining (to people like me who like to gawk). [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of gawking at coaching rants, Patrick Roy called out his core, including Matt Duchene for jumping like a school boy for scoring his 30th goal while the Avs were down 4-0 in garbage time. [Puck Daddy]
- I think this is a feel-good story but who knows these days: John Scott was recalled. [HEOTP]
- Andrew MacDonald was hurt last night, and he was a Jurcina Anomaly for the Flyers, so surely doom awaits. [Puck Daddy]
- Oilers fans prepare to say goodbye to Northlands Coliseum I mean some pharmacy chain place. [TSN]
- Charlie Coyle respects Duncan Keith for "reaching out" to apologize for his latest assault that he initially pretended didn't happen. [TSN]
I don't know anyone outside of the city of Denver who doesn't think COL coaching staff isn't overwhelmed. Layup fix here.— Travis Yost (@travisyost) April 4, 2016