Game 2 is today at 3 pm. It's a weird time, but hey, it's the playoffs. Make it work.
- A win would snap yet another longstanding playoff drought and give the Islanders a 2-0 series for the first time since the 1983 Stanley Cup Final. Great insight from Frans Nielsen here. [Newsday]
- The Lightning will be looking to generate more electricity in Game 2 and the Islanders need to be ready. Please be ready. [Newsday]
- Game 1 is over and it's time to do it all again. [NY Post]
- Some players from Bridgeport will be awaiting the Islanders when they return to New York. [LHH]
- Former NHLers, his skating coach and the Elias Sports Bureau rave about John Tavares. [LHH]
- No, Travis Hamonic hasn't forgotten about his trade request. And, no, he's still not talking about it. [NY Post]
- It's been a long road for Jack Capuano, who has picked up a thing or two in his coaching career. [Newsday]
- Shane Prince is becoming a contributor for the Islanders, and earned the team's sweet leather jacket after Game 1. [NHL.com]
- Johnny Boychuk and Nick Leddy bring rings to the room and deep playoff experience. [ESPN]
- What you won't see in the Islanders locker room is panic. [National Post]
- The team's rise "took the better part of a decade" but here are three deals from the last two years that made an impact. Okay, thanks Wall Street Journal.
- The Islanders are among a host of teams in position to win the Stanley Cup for the first time in a long time (if ever). [NY Times]
- His call of Tavares' double OT winner has made Islanders radio voice Chris King an overnight sensation after 20 years with the team. [CBS NY]
- Vote Tavares! in TSN's wraparound goal popularity contest.
- Yowza. Anthony Beauvillier emphatically drove his Shawinigan Cataractes to the QMJHL's President Cup final, scoring twice and adding three assists in a 6-3 win over Saint John. Shawinigan beat Saint John in five games, and Beauviller leads his league in playoff scoring with 26 points in 16 games. The Cataractes await the winner of the series between Rouyn-Noranda and Moncton. [CP via Y!]
- The Stars are up 1-0 on the Blues after a 2-1 win that was way more wild and open than that score makes it seem. [DBD]
- San Jose scored five times in the third period (including two empty netters) to beat Nashville 5-2 and take a 1-0 lead in their series. [OTF | FTF]
- The ridiculous became reality yesterday when the Ducks fired Bruce Boudreau because Corey Perry stopped scoring goals. Now the race for Gabby's services is on [SBN | GM Bob Murray had some choice words for his players, via PHT]
- Wow I'm totally shocked that Tom Wilson wasn't suspended for his knee-on-knee hit on Conor Sheary of the Penguins. But Wilson was fined, like, $2,400 so I'm sure he'll learn a lesson. [SBN]
- Geez, we've been totally ignoring the awards finalists that have been trickling out this week, a lot of chalk but with one WTF among the goalies: [Selke | Vezina | Norris]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts includes some on players dropping in the draft and a few Islanders notes including one about... Jimmy Howard?
- Mercurial Russian talent Alexander Radulov wants back into the NHL. The Islanders are not among the teams seeking his services. [Sportsnet]
- Looks like the NHLPA will let players with no trade clauses get picked in an expansion draft. But you're stuck with no move clauses. Sorry, Rangers. [TSN.ca]
- Blustery Brian Burke hates the NHL Draft Lottery. I'd like to hear his thoughts if the Flames win it tonight. [Puck Daddy | Sportsnet's Lotter FAQ | PPPreview of the day Leafs fans have been waiting for]
Man, to be a fly on those walls (or, in the arena). Thanks, Keith.
@ops4thliner my All-Stars in the talkers category are Matthew Barnaby, Tyson Nash, Steve Ott, Claude Lemieux with Billy Smith in goal.— Kerry Fraser (@kfraserthecall) April 30, 2016
@rayferrarotsn You were no slouch. Night before Halloween you told Tie Domi, "with an F-n head like that you should be sitting on a porch!"— Kerry Fraser (@kfraserthecall) April 30, 2016
@iantupper @rayferrarotsn It took both linesmen to restrain Domi from getting at Ray on MSG ice. Islanders-Rangers.— Kerry Fraser (@kfraserthecall) April 30, 2016