The New York Islanders' first-round playoff series began with a rare set of games on back-to-back nights. Their second-round series against the Tampa Bay Lightning will begin with a two-day break in between Games 1 and 2...and between Games 2 and 3...and between games 3 and 4.
We already knew that Game 1 would be, jarringly, held Wednesday, April 27, before the first round had even completed -- and just three days after the Islanders finished their second double-overtime win in three days.
Now the rest of the schedule, woven around already filled arena dates in Tampa and Brooklyn, is available from the league:
- Game 1: Wednesday, April 27, 7 p.m. - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
- Game 2: Saturday, April 30, 3 p.m. - NBC, TVA Sports
- Game 3: Tuesday, May 3, 7 p.m. - NBCSN, TVA Sports
- Game 4: Friday, May 6, 7 p.m. - NBCSN, TVA Sports
- Game 5: Sunday, May 8, TBD
- Game 6: Tuesday, May 10, TBD
- Game 7: Thursday, May 12, TBD