Good morning. I don't blame you for sleeping in today thanks to Thomas Greiss and Alan Quine. Take it easy today and enjoy the three games on TV. Because tomorrow... is a big one.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | LBC
- Dom has half a dozen thoughts on last night's bizarre battle. [LHH]
- You probably figured the game would end on Sasha Barkov's overtime penalty shot. The only person who didn't was Greiss [LHH | NHL.com]. He has stepped up far beyond what was expected [NHL.com].
- They're far from perfect, but these Islanders are definitely resilient. [Newsday]
- They're also extraordinarily tight, and the three players with the greatest chances of leaving are proud to have grown up together and to have worn the Islanders crest. [Newsday]
- So, about that Quine. Jack Capuano likes him. [NY Post]
- So, about Ryan Strome. He was scratched. [Newsday]
- Sportsnet on the unlikely heroes for the Islanders.
- Before Game 4, Arthur Staple answered burning questions about goings on inside the Islanders locker room. [LHH]
- Non-Playoff news: Gary Bettman's people tell him that Barclays Center's ice is improving. Also, stop asking if the Islanders are staying there. [Newsday] | Rick DiPietro misses playing in the playoffs, but loves his new role on the radio. [NY Post]
- The Sound Tigers begin their first round playoff series against the Toronto Marlies tonight. Beating the AHL's best team will be a tall order, to say the least. Good luck, guys. [BST on the enemy | Globe & Mail on Calder Cup fever | Our friend Katya at PPP gives Leafs fans the skinny on the Sound Tigers.]
- Bridgeport will need to lean on veterans like Ben Holmstrom and Justin Florek to have a chance against the Marlies. [CT Post]
- The series is also a homecoming for Connecticut native and Leafs/Marlies guy Mark Arcobello. [CT Post]
- Seattle beat Kelowna to take a 1-0 lead in the WHL's conference final and Mathew Barzal scored a shifty goal that turned out to be the game-winner. [WHL]
- Anthony Beauvillier had a goal and an assist, but Shawinigan dropped Game 1 of the semi finals to Saint John by a Very QMJHL Score of 6-5 in overtime. [The Q | Video. Beauvillier's goal is the third one]
- And in case you missed it yesterday, Joshua Ho-Sang helped Niagara in their crazy Game 1 comeback win over Barrie. [LHH]
- Say adios to the Kings, who were finally consumed by the Sharks in five games. [FTF]
- The Flyers have now won two straight against the Capitals behind spectacular goaltending by Michal Neuvirth and Caps fans aren't worried at all. No sir. No worries here. [Japers]
- And the Wild stayed alive with an OT win of their own in Dallas. [DFD]
- This guy was FIRED UP! Wonder how he felt after the second overtime ended. [SBN]
- The last 10 years of Oilers hockey have been cruel and unusual punishment. Part I of a many, many part series at Copper & Blue.