Looks like you'll need to clear your calendars this weekend to make room for two more games of playoff anxiety.
Game 5 will be 8 pm Friday, per the Islanders.
- Recaps: Dom nails the entire frustrating experience | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Several players were hurt last night, and Ryan Pulock's status is unknown as of now. [Newsday]
- Videos: That crazy Jonathan Huberdeau crash and time out burn | John Tavares briefly makes you happy, as he is wont to do.
- Post-game quotes on the sleepy first period, the Islanders' effort and Gerard Gallant's strange referee challenge. [LHH]
- NEW! The normally set-in-stone fourth line has gotten the blender treatment now, too. [Newsday]
- One year later, the Islanders are repeating their series against the Capitals. And it might cost them like it did then. [NY Post]
- The streak of non-consecutive playoff wins continues [NHL.com]. Oh, and for good measure, they haven't won a Game 5 since 1987. [Skinny]
- Shane Prince is happy to be here. [Newsday]
- Thomas Greiss and Roberto Luongo are on opposite sides of the playoff experience spectrum. [Newsday]
- The Panthers are a forward-thinking team, but they also have a taste for the old school hockey player. [Sportsnet]
- Bridgeport's Ross Johnston has been suspended for three games for his part in that brawl in Albany last weekend [CT Post].
- The Sound Tigers are already re-jiggering their line-up with Alan Quine up with the big club. [CT Post].
- They also have signed Queens-native Anthony Greco to an ATO [BST]
- NEW! Former politician Anthony Weiner stops by the new Puck Soup podcast (with Greg Wyshynski and Dave Lozo) for a really interesting and often funny discussion about hockey, the Islanders, politics and their many intersections. It's good. Really. The tired, absurd, disproportional vitriol about logos on rugs that affects an infinitesimal amount of people on Earth, less so.
- The Flyers stay alive with a win against the Capitals on a goal by... Andrew MacDonald? [BSH]
- There was a scary incident in Philly last night as Flyers forward had to be stretchered off the ice after a collision with the boards. [BSH]
- From the land of teams that are capable of taking 3-1 series leads: the Stars fought back against the Wild to take a stranglehold [DBD], and the Sharks actually won a home game and can close out the Kings in LA. [FTF]
- Chicago's Andrew Shaw was suspended for one game and fined $5,000 for his use of a homophobic slur and an obscene gesture towards officials in Tuesday's game [SCH]. About time the NHL moved in the direction of changing that aspect of the sport. [Sportsnet]
- By now you know that Kris Letang was not disciplined for slashing the Rangers' Victor Stalberg [BSB]. The only person happy with that play was Stalberg's dentist, who'll need to replace three of the forward's teeth [NY Post]
- All the info you need to know about the upcoming Draft Lottery. The best news is, the Islanders aren't in it. [Sportsnet]
- A look at the the quarterfinal match-ups for the World Under-18 tournament. [SBN CH]
- This is cool: Buffalo Beauts player Tatiana Rafter begins a series of posts for our own Stanley Cup of Chowder.
- Capitals play-by-play man Joe Beninati takes his on-air attire very seriously. [WaPo]
- As a New York Jet, Nick Mangold is invaluable. As a New York Rangers fan, he fits right in with the other Garden crazies. [NY Post]
- Diminutive Darren Pang might seem like a friendly old goalie, but he had the fangs out for Steve Simmons on Twitter yesterday. Advantage: Pang. [StL GT]