Thomas Hickey doesn't score often, but it seems to always be in overtime. Now he can add a playoff game winner to his highlight reel.
Now we get two days to bask before the next most important game takes place.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | NY Times | Sportsnet isn't buying this whole "Barclays Center" thing just yet | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Videos! Hickey's winner | Ryan Pulock's first playoff goal | The review that changed the game
- Scoring that goal sent Thomas Hickey into a haze. [NY Post]
- Really interesting column from Mark Herrman on the pressure for the Islanders to win a playoff series being nothing new for the franchise.
- Herrmann also writes about the rowdy first playoff game for the New Barn [Newsday] while Steve Serby is all about the new history of Brooklyn hockey [NY Post]
- Barclays brought the thunder and fans found it comparable to the Coliseum. [Newsday]
- The Islanders' vaunted fourth line is looking to turn up the intensity while staying out of the penalty box. [Newsday]
- Notes column on roster changes not made. Seemed to turn out okay. [Newsday]
- The emergence of Reilly Smith isn't a surprise to ex-teammate Johnny Boychuk. [Sun Sentinel]
- You may have noted some new food options at Barclays Center yesterday. [Islanders]
- The Sound Tigers dropped their last game of the season, 6-1 to Providence, and will play the AHL-leading Toronto Marlies in the first round of the playoffs. [Recap | Soundin Off on Eamon McAdam's pro debut | First round schedule]
- Anthony Beauvillier helped Shawinigan eliminate Charlottetown with a goal and two assists in a 6-1 win on Sunday. Next stop, the semi finals. [QMJHL]
- Photos from last week's Al Arbour memorial dinner in Westbury. [AlArbour.com]
- The Blues are now up 2-1 in their series against the Blackhawks after a come from behind win on Sunday. [StL GT]
- And Detroit gets back in their series with a 2-0 Game 3 shutout of the Lightning. [WIIM]
- The Ducks are in deep water, now down 2-0 to the Predators after last night's loss. [OTF]
- If all of the videos reviews in this first round are making you wish you could get in on the fun, the new NHL Coaches Challenge Challenge for the Wii U is the game for you. [Zeitgeist]
- A horse in the Kentucky Derby is named after Red Wings forward Gustav Nyquist. [Freep]
- Nice reserve psychology, Blueshirt Banter.
All hail our new queen Kathryn Tappen, who zings Mike Milbury about what it is that he does exactly. She's like one of us. [Puck Daddy]
Kathryn Tappen makes fun of Mike Milbury pic.twitter.com/Ih5Vkdzzr9— Nicholas W. Goss (@NickGossNESN) April 18, 2016