Game Three is tomorrow night at Barclays Center. You know how they call United Center the "Madhouse on Madison? Make Barclays the "Asylum on Atlantic Avenue."
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | LBC
- About that first ever playoff game in Newsday | CBS NY | Point Blank County. Time to set some new noise records and make some new memories:
- It's been a wild season for Ryan Strome, who has pushed himself further so far in the playoffs (posted after Game 1). [NHL.com]
- Matt Martin made friends behind enemy lines in the Esiason household, and learned about giving back to the community. [Newsday]
- Denis Potvin talks about his affinity for the Panthers, says he won't talk about Nassau Coliseum because of politics, then talks about Nassau Coliseum and politics. [NHL.com]
- Quinnipiac defenseman Devon Toews signs his ELC with the Islanders and some idiot blogger's got lame jokes about his last name. [LHH | QU Chronicle]
- The Sound Tigers sealed the deal and are in the playoffs for the first time since 2012 after a 3-2 win at Portland. Bracken Kearns's third period goal was the winner. [CT Post]
- Mathew Barzal was pointless, but Seattle beat Everett 2-1 on Friday to take a 3-1 lead in the series. Game 5 is tonight. [T-Birds]
- CSKA are on the ropes after a 2-1 OT loss to Metallurg in the Gagarin Cup final. Ilya Sorokin had 24 saves but his team's skaters have gone cold after Game 1.
- Newest Sound Tiger and short-time Frontenac Michael Dal Colle had a big impact on the latter franchise's culture. [Whig]
- Misha Song is still doing his part in growing hockey in China. [Yahoo.com]
- Detroit is down 2-0 to Tampa Bay after a testy, melee-marred Game 2 loss. [WIIM]
- Meanwhile in St. Louis, the Blues lost to both the Blackhawks and the Video Reviews. [SBN]
- And the Predators have a 1-0 lead on the Ducks after a 3-2 win in Anaheim last night. [OTF]
- For Game 2 of the Rangers-Penguins series, Henrik Lundqvist should be in, but Dan Girardi will be out and Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury are up-in-the-air. [NHL.com preview]
- Arik Parnass does god's work visualizing power play performances. [NHL Special Teams]
- This insult cannot stand. Expect a trade request to be on your desk in the morning, Cliff Fletcher. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Not Hockey and not likely to make much sense to some of you: Welcome to The Rift Herald, SBN's new League of Legends community.