One more day until the Islanders' next playoff quest begin. Until then, there are readings to fire your imagination and super special new episode of Islanders Anxiety coming out later this morning to foster your fears.
- For the first time, this group of Islanders has more playoff experience than their opponents (except for Ungrumpy Old Men Jagr and Luongo). [Islanders]
- Everybody's a comedian these days. Even the bookies. [LHH]
- ICYMI 1: Gamer Travis Hamonic is shooting to be in the lineup for Game 1. [Newsday | Islanders | NY Daily News]
- ICYMI 2: Thomas Greiss doesn't have a lot of NHL playoff experience. He's about to get some. [Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com]
- Alan Quine is also going to get a front row seat for the NHL's post-season that he didn't expect. [Newsday | CT Post]
- The bad news is that it looks like Jaroslav Halak will miss the entirety of the first round. [Newsday]
- The Islanders weighted scoring chances will not instill confidence. [FanPost]
- A message from Anders Lee. Get better, man:
I want thank everyone who has reached out and sent their love and support, been tough but recovery is going well! Road starts tomorrow! #LGI— Anders Lee (@leeberr09) April 13, 2016
- Unembeddable video (c'mon Dolan. It's 2016) from Newsday with the Islanders talking about pressure and opportunity in the playoffs.
- More previews: NHL Numbers | Yost at TSN.ca | The Hockey News
- Was the Islanders season a success? Too early to tell says NHL Numbers.
- Ray Ferraro and Jiggs McDonald remember 1993. [CBS NY]
- Shannon Hogan blogs about the new generation of Islanders fans growing in Brooklyn and its subways. [MSG Networks]
- Hahn & Humpty highlights are coming to MSG Network. [Newsday]
- Shawinigan is
downtied 2-2 in its series to Charlottetown, and Anthony Beauvillier had two goals and an assist in Monday's Game 3 loss and a goal in Tuesday's 6-2 Cataractes win. [QMJHL | and again] (BTW Josh Ho-Sang's Ice Dogs going for the sweep of Michael Dal Colle's Frontenacs tonight)
- Hockey's Future looks at the team's NCAA and Euro prospects.
- Missouri Mavericks head coach Richard Matvichuk has been named ECHL Coach of the Year after a ridiculously successful regular season. [Mavs]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts on award voting, the Senators shake-up and more.
- Habs fans want to know what happened to that whole "No excuses" mantra. Seems like the team is using an awful lot of them. [EOTP]
- Down Goes Brown makes the cases for an against every playoff bandwagon. I'm convinced he's a closet Islanders fan. [Sportsnet]
- CM Punk wants to pick the Islanders but can't. We understand, dude. He loves them Caps, though. [NHL.com]
- Breaking: Nazim Kadri and Morgan Reilly stick with the Leafs on some tidy RFA deals. [PPP]
The Captain talks to NHL Live about the playoffs n' stuff.
Bonus video! Bruce Bennett on team photo day. It's just like elementary school only on ice. This is why he's the best.