Here it is. The last game that was actually, like, the 40th game that never happened. But no matter! The Islanders can still clinch third in the Metro Division and set a date with the Penguins with a win. Or they can stay in seventh and take on the Panthers. And if you think I'm going to waste my Sunday reading the people debate the merits of either, you're wrong.
FIG picks go here. Congrats to NYIFanInRI on running away with the competition this season. Good luck to everyone playing for pride today. No line-up news yet. Game time is 7 pm.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Alan Quine had himself a good first NHL game: some slick moves, a goal, some PK time and big ass smile. [LHH]
- The most important thing about last night is that former Growing Pains star Leonardo DiCaprio was at the game incognito, no doubt at the behest of friend Kevin Connolly. If Leo really wanted to go to an Islanders game and not be noticed, he should have suited up as one of the players. [NHL.com | extra snarky Puck Daddy]
- Johnny Boychuk is a Good Guy to the media and a dangerous loaded weapon to anyone in range of his slapshot. [LHH]
- Before the game, we analyzed Arthur Staple's latest impromptu Twitter Q&A session. Bring on the Black Aces! [LHH]
- Bridgeport took a huge two points against Lehigh Valley last night, and could clinch as early as today with a win over the Phantoms and a little help elsewhere. [CT Post]
- The ride for Devon Toews and Quinnipiac is over after a loss to North Dakota in the Frozen Four final. The Bobcats have nothing to hang their heads about after a helluva season. [Puck Daddy | College Hockey News]
- An update on Islanders draft pick Ryan Pilon, who is happy with his decision to walk away from the game. He's enrolled in school and has plans to go into law enforcement. Good luck to him. [PANow]
- More on the Al Arbour memorial service from The Times.
- Philadelphia beat Pittsburgh yesterday to secure a surprise (to most) playoff spot. Today's game means nothing to Flyers, so let's just hope they don't hurt anyone. [BSH]
- The Flyers' win means the Bruins' season is over. Despite that, Stanley Cup of Chowder isn't going to sit idly by and are beginning their Summer coverage of the Australian Ice Hockey League.
- And that Bruins loss puts the Red Wings in the playoffs for the 25th consecutive year. WIIM laughs at the haters.
- But this morning, some bad news arrived for Detroit: Pavel Datsyuk does intend to leave the NHL at the conclusion of this year's playoffs. [Freep. WARNING: the article was written by Mitch Albom]
- Meanwhile across the country, the Ducks can jump the Kings and clinch the Pacific Division with a make-up game win of their own over the Caps. [JFTC awaits word]
- The Senators are expected to clean house this morning, possibly as you are reading this. [Ottawa Citizen]
- PPP breaks down the lottery odds for everyone.
- Who is Oskar Klefbom and are the Oilers better keeping him or trading him? [Edm. Jour.]
- The 2017 AHL All Star Game will be held at Lehigh Valley. [BSH]
Islanders on Islanders fans. Interpret as you wish.