No April Fools joke post from me today. Take it easy and enjoy the day. Saturday's going to be a roller coaster.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | The Cannon
- Please be okay, Travis. [LHH]
- NEW! Thomas Greiss gives an elaborate, in-depth and microscopically precise analysis of the goals he allowed last night, calling them, "shitty." [NY Post]
- The Islanders' magic number is now five, and they can clinch as early as Saturday with a win and a couple of Detroit losses starting tonight to Minnesota. [Hornick]
- [raises hand] Yes.
- Nice to see Sonny Milano play his first game in front of family and friends against his boyhood team. Even more nice that he didn't roast them. [Newsday]
- Jack Capuano's thoughts on the young paisan:
As for LI native Sonny Milano set to make NHL debut for CBJ, Capuano: "Vowel at the end of his last name...I wish him the best of luck."— Brett Cyrgalis (@BrettCyrgalis) March 31, 2016
- Marc-Andre Cliche is finally with the team he was traded to earlier this month [CT Post]. And more notes from Sound Tigers practice [Soundin' Off]
- Matt Carkner is the Sound Tigers' nominee for the AHL's Man of the Year Award. [BST]
- Michael Dal Colle scored a goal, but Oshawa staved off elimination with a 4-3 OT win over Kingston. [Whig]
- The Seattle Thunderbirds completed their sweep of Prince George, as Mathew Barzal had three assists in a 4-3 OT win. They'll play the Everett Silvertips starting next Friday. [My Northwest]
- A draft profile of Tage Thompson, son of Bridgeport coach Brent. [NHL.com]
- NEW! Happy Annversary to rookie Mike Bossy. [NHL.com]
Beyond the Race
- The Hurricanes made Eric Staal's homecoming a little awkward by beating the Rangers. [BSB]
- Look, if you're gonna hand out plastic rats to Panthers fans before a game, don't be surprised when they throw the damn things on the ice after goals. [SBN]
- Those leaked emails talked about more than just concussions (if you had the time to read them all]. [Sportsnet]
- But the most shocking revelation in the leak is that Colin Campbell replies to Nigerian Prince scam artists. [Zeitgeist]
- And more "leaked" emails, including debates about Star Wars, Halloween candy and the Grammy Awards. [Vice]
- Travis Yost sizes up who has the best shot at the East's last playoff berth. [TSN.ca]
- Jimmy Vesey escalated his war with the Predators by saying the team knew he wasn't going to sign. [OTF]
- Vesey is also one of the finalists for this year's Hobey Baker Award. [SBN CH]
- What will Canadians do without any of their local teams in the playoffs? Here are some suggestions. [SBN]
- If Hart Trophies were awarded like Jack Adams Trophies, things would (sometimes) look very different. Congrats to 2014-15 Hart winner John Tavares. [Down Goes Brown]
- The New York Riveters have named added GM to head coach Chad Wiseman's position as Dani Rylan moves aside to focus on her league commissioner duties. [BSB]
- Not Hockey: Here's SB Nation's big beautiful baseball season preview, if you're into that sort of thing.
Yesterday was Stan Fischler's birthday and this week the Islanders celebrated The Hockey Maven's 40-year relationship with the team. Marvel here at the heartfelt words of his admirers and colleagues, the longevity of his career, the evolution of his beard and his jokes that are so bad you can't help but laugh at them. Thanks for everything, Stan.