After last night's near-playoff game, the Islanders head to Toronto to take on the
Marlies Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre. Yes, the Leafs suck. Yes, you are right to be nervous about the Islanders anyway.
FIG picks can be left here.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Times | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Pensburgh
- A win is a win, but the health of Jaroslav Halak is of paramount concern right now. When we get an update, we'll post it. Meanwhile, Calvin deHaan and Marek Zidlicky are also banged up, and Jack Capuano isn't optimistic about either guy's return. [Newsday]
- Update to the upcoming update:
On my way to the airport, Capuano speaks at 4:45. Halak update then. Enjoy it everyone!— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) March 9, 2016
- Before the game, the Penguins were asked about Barclays Center and they found it kinda cool. Not sure how they feel now. [Pens | Post-Gazette]
- But Pittsburgh hockey teams are no strangers to Brooklyn, if you go all the way back to the late 1920's. [Pittsburgh Hockey]
- The Point Blank Podcast talks Pulock and Prince with analyst Craig Button.
- On TSN's Insider Trading segment, Darren Dreger said he believes the Islanders and UFA-to-be Kyle Okposo had some discussions before the trade deadline, but are not close on an extension. He also throws in some baseless speculation about Barclays Center just because that's what the people want. [NicholsOnHockey. Guess which tweet got the most retweets. Video here, too.]
- If John Tavares wants to practice, practice stays open. [LHH]
- Hobnob with Islanders legends and celebrate the greatness of Al Arbour on April 7th at the Fox Hollow in at Woodbury. [AlArbour.com]
- Center Marcus Kruger will remain a Blackhawk for the next three seasons. [SCH]
- Remember when the Ducks were in last place and couldn't score? Yeah. Those days are over. [Sportsnet]
- Don't look now but rookie defenseman Shane Gostisbehere and old defenseman Luke Schenn have the Flyers thinking playoffs. [Fourth Period]
- Beyond Tavares' practice habits and threats of bodily harm, Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts also contains discussions about possibly raising the drafting age to 19 and lots of other info.
- It's NCAA Free Agent Time! The Devils signed Brown University forward Nick Lappin [AATJ] while Carolina landed UNH's Andrew Poturalski. [Canes Country]
- Former Islander and wine impresario Zenon Konopka is looking to revitalize a Rochester-area restaurant. [Dem & Chronicle]
- And speaking of food, McDonalds de Montreal gave out free Big Macs to any Habs fans willing to do the unthinkable: shake hands with Zdeno Chara. [SCoC]