Happy Friday. Let's hope the Islanders left that off-brand version of themselves across the border.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny on Cappy's 200th win | Arctic Ice Hockey
- The game-winning goal was a memorable one for the Jets Nikolaj Ehlers. Hope his mug is okay. [LHH]
- Obviously, the reporters in Winnipeg wanted to talk to Travis Hamonic about his trade request. They ended up talking to Jack Capuano and John Tavares about Hamonic. [Winnipeg Sun | Newsday]
- Ryan Pulock is a Winnipeg boy, too, and his first game there brings up many family memories including the tragic loss of his younger brother. [WFP]
- The Islanders aren't the only team to try that drop pass to the neutral zone on the power play. Here's how they stack up against some of their peers (tl;dr sometimes they work, but the drops waste a lot of PP time). [NHL Special Teams]
- Jonathan Willis lists the prospect pools of all 30 teams and the Islanders come in fourth. [B/R]
- Bridgeport's lines get the blender treatment. [Soundin' Off]
- Calvin de Haan's Sound Tigers days seem so long ago.
- Shawinigan won a wild one in OT against Victoriaville on Thursday, and Anthony Beauvillier's two goals and two assists led the way. [Sportsnet | Game Sheet]
Around the league
- The King had a little meltdown in Pittsburgh. [CBS Sports]
- The Flyers got beat bad by the Oilers including being on the receiving end of some tag team wrestling moves. [SBN]
- But Shane Gostisbehere beats that Connor McDavid guy any day of the week. [BSH]
- Blog Council! This week, they're breaking down the trade deadline and taking all of Jim Benning's money.
- Frank Seravali looks into the complicated Kovalchuk situation over in Russia. [TSN]
- Meanwhile on this continent, the complicated Jonathan Drouin situation will cost him a year off of his ELC. [Sportsnet]
- Getting traded from a great Capitals team to the Island of Misfit Maple Leafs is a hard pill for Brooks Laich to swallow. [AP.org]