Like a John Tavares shootout attempt, we're very slow and often just plain confusing. But a brand new episode of Islanders Anxiety is on the way later this morning. In the meantime...
- Recaps of the game and "awful" ice: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Canes Country
- Make no mistake, that was a big win last night and dropped the Islanders Magic Number four points from 11 to seven. [Hornick]
- Congrats to the Danish Gretzky on his 600th career game, all with the Islanders [Isles]. It's high time the team give the man his tribute in the form of many pieces of green paper. [Cyrgalis]
- Ferris State captain Kyle Schempp is on board with an ELC and a ticket to Bridgeport. [LHH | SBN CH]
- Was Jack Capuano's talk about overcoming injuries and a lack of league-wide respect the work of a madman or a master motivator? [IPB]
- The Sound Tigers (without Schempp) won a huge afternoon game against Portland, overcoming a 2-0 deficit to win 5-2. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Kingston has a 3-0 series lead over Oshawa thanks to a Michael Dal Colle goal in the dying seconds of last night's game. [Whig]
- Here it is now:
#71 Michael Dal Colle game winner with 23.5 seconds left in regulation time. Assists to McKeown and Watson #KGNVSOSH pic.twitter.com/GDtkdG7M01— Fronts Nation (@FrontsNation) March 30, 2016
- Shawinigan is up 2-1 on Sherbroke, and Anthony Beauvillier had two goals in Game 3. [QMJHL]
- Mathew Barzal had an assist as Seattle also took a 3-0 lead in their series against Prince George. [My Northwest]
- Last night's broadcast had some fun with Stan Fischler, who was celebrating 40 years with the Islanders. Shannon Hogan recounts her favorite things about working with Stan at her MSG Networks blog.
- Next week's Al Arbour tribute dinner, organized by Clark Gillies and Pat LaFontaine, will feature an incredible alumni collection. [Newsday]
- Oh boy. The Globe and Mail has created a searchable database of leaked NHL emails related to a concussion lawsuit and lots of people both in and out of the league come off looking pretty bad. [
- The Bruins and Red Wings did the Islanders a couple of favors by losing last night. [WIIM | AATJ]
- Eric Staal prepares for his first trip to Raleigh as a non-Hurricane. [NHL.com]
- Meanwhile, Hurricanes fans are dealing with some eerily similar arena and relocation issues that Islanders fans know very well. Seriously, read this. [Canes Country]
- Elliotte Friedman mind-melds with possible Vulcan Adam Oates in his 30 Thoughts column.
- Broad Street Hockey stalks the Twitter account of Flyers coach Dave Hakstol.
- If this is John Scott's final season, it's sure as hell been a memorable one. [Toronto Star]