In the first period last night, it looked like the Islanders were taking care of business. In the second period, all of your worst nightmares appeared likely. Then along came a guy named Clutterbuck. Cal Clutterbuck.
- About last night: LHH | Isles | NHL | Newsday | News & Observer | AP | Canes Country
- From that N&O coverage, a Capuano-style quote from Canes coach Bill Peters: "There are some guys who have more to offer," Peters said. "There are guys who can play better. They need to finish strong."
- Thomas Greiss hasn't had a terrific start to inheriting the #1 job, but he feels the same. Also: Adam Pelech could be skating for practice Monday. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers were idle last night. Here's what the playoff picture looks like after others played. [Soundin' Off]
- Brent Thompson says their five-on-five play is in top form, and if the special teams follow they will be a team to reckon with. [CT Post]
- Two of the worst Islanders jersey fouls in the same building. [Puck Daddy]
- CHL Playoffs: Michael Dal Colle had five assists while his linemate Warren Foegele scored four goals as Kingston took a 2-0 series lead over Oshawa. [The Whig] First star Joshua Ho-Sang scored his first goal and fifth point of the series as Niagara took a 2-0 lead on Ottawa. [Ottawa Sun] Shawinigan (Anthony Beauvillier) evened their series with Sherbrooke. [Winnipeg Free Press]
Beyond the Storm
- NCAA: Denver slaughtered BU (Doyle Somerby), Ferris (Kyle Schempp) upset St. Cloud in OT (so those two winners will face each other in the Frozen Four), while North Dakota beat Michigan to secure a place in the Frozen Four. [SBN College Hockey, College Hockey News] Quinnipiac (Devon Toews) easily beat RTI to head to today's regional final against UMass-Lowell. [Hartford Courant]
- Alas, the Rangers beat the Canadiens in Montreal. (Also: Chris Kreider scored on a breakaway without running the goalie!) [NHL]
- The Flyers lost in Arizona, damaging their playoff chase. [NHL]
- The Panthers won their faceoff with the Lightning to take back first place in the Atlantic. [NHL]
- Tanner Glass is totally essential to the Rangers, you see. [Post] (And you're lost if you think otherwise.)
- The Blues thumped Washington for their fourth shutout in a row, something that is quite rare and hasn't been done since Brian Boucher was a Coyotes goalie in the Obstruction Pre-Lockout NHL. [Post-Dispatch]
- If Wayne Gretzky gives Justin Bieber a photo op then Canada has to keep the piece of pop tripe. [Puck Daddy]