Oh. You're still here? Hm. You're sure about this? I mean, really sure? Because if you're not up to it, that's fine, too. I totally understand.
Really? [sigh] Ohhhh kaaaay. FIG picks go here. Game time is 7 pm. Hang on and pray for an Easter miracle.
- Recaps of whatever last night was: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- In his last Twitter Q&A, Arthur Staple strongly intimated that the Islanders could move Jaroslav Halak after the season [LHH]. Flatbush Files says that would be a bad idea.
- With patience, Brock Nelson continues to progress. [TSS]
- Dom was on RTU Sports letting out a lot of Islanders frustrations. [iTunes]
- At the same time, I was talking to the Section 328 podcast about why the next two games against the Hurricanes scare the hell out of me.
- Alan Quine tied the Sound Tigers game late, but Hartford won in OT. [CT Post]
- Michael Dal Colle didn't figure into the scoring, but neither did Mitch Vande Sompel as Kingston blew out Oshawa 6-0 in Game 1. [The Whig]
- Less than a year after leaving the Islanders to coach high school hockey, Trent Klatt has stepped away from his position to. [Duluth News Trib]
- Next Tuesday's game in Brooklyn is "Westchester Night" with proceeds going to Volunteer NY! [White Plains Daily Voice]
- Take some financial advice from Darius Kasparaitis. No, seriously. [Business Insider]
- The Lightning won but lost defenseman Anton Stralman to a fractured fibula (Holy Shit) suffered in a net-front battle with Anders Lee. He's out indefinitely, and that's bad news for Tampa when they play teams other than the Islanders. [NHL.com]
- Earlier, the Penguins announced the Olli Maatta is "week-to-week" with a lower body injury, which is also bad news. [Pensburgh | Post-Gazette]
- What the Ducks can teach the young Maple Leafs about rebuilding. [Globe n' Mail]
- An original, original unused Blues jersey has been unearthed. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Today is a huge one at the Frozen Four tournament if you want to watch good hockey on your TV. [SBN]
- Mathieu Garon had one of his goalie masks stolen one time. Then he found the mask on ebay. [Puck Daddy]
- Real Chevrefils was a junior hockey legend and a tragic NHL story. [Greatest Hockey Legends]
- Which mascot could create the most damage if it came to life with a vengeance? I'd like a few of these to attack the Islanders right now. [SBN]