Hope you got a good night's sleep because last night's win was just one step in securing the Islanders a playoff spot. We do the whole thing again Friday night in Tampa.
Is it too late to get Ja Rule into Amalie Arena?
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny |
- J-F Berube doesn't look like a guy who went almost five months between his first and second NHL starts. [NHL.com]
- When it came to handing out souvenirs after the game, Berube was somewhat less successful. [Welcome back Hashtag Isles]
- Your eyes are not deceiving you: the Islanders aren't generating a lot of shots lately. [Skinny]
- Shane Prince is comfortable being an ex-Senator. Also, Adam Pelech and Marek Zidlicky skated yesterday. Pelech could work on getting back into game shape in Bridgeport. [Newsday]
- Anders Lee wants to be part of the solution. [NY Post]
- I take full credit for the Islanders victory after finally posting the Islanders Slump of the Year voting.
- Bob McKenzie reminds a radio audience what we already know about Kyle Okposo. [TSS]
- Penn State goalie Eamon McAdam has signed on the dotted line and will be a Sound Tiger shortly. [LHH | SBN CH | BSD]
- Connor Jones is becoming a key contributor for the Sound Tigers. [CT Post]
- The normally stout Bridgeport PK gave up three power play goals in the second period of a 6-3 loss to Portland last night. [CT Post]
- Hey look at that: the Islanders have one of the league's most aggressive penalty kills. The numbers say so. [NHL Graphs]
- Mathew Barzal is one of the WHL's Western Conference All Stars.
- Wondering about the status of the Nassau Coliseum rebuild? It's right on schedule, which means very little has happened and someone is mad. [Newsday]
- Carp Lad on Ja Rule:
- Oh shit. Ja Rule is a glass banger [SBN]. And here he is chilling in the victors' locker room.
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts dives into blustery Senators owner Eugene Melnyk and other notes from around the league.
- The last 10 years have been a long way down for Ottawa. [Ottawa Citizen]
- Women who cover hockey are still having a hard time being heard on social issues. [PPP]
- Brad Richards is already looking towards retirement and going back to his Tampa roots. [TBO.com]
- Notre Dame hockey moving to the Big 10 means Hockey East can get a reset. [BC Interruption]
- A complete history of the New York Rangers franchise that is 100 percent true and not at all made up. [SCoC]
- Smithtown native Stephen Mundinger, a goalie who stands friggin' 6'-8", has made a commitment to the University of Maine. [Bangor Daily News]
Forget Batman vs. Superman. Watch Hockey Puck vs. Hydraulic Press. [SBN]