Let's not speak of that game again.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Nucks Misconduct
- New Islanders Shane Prince jumped right onto the first line last night and Cappy talks corsi. [Newsday]
- If you haven't read it yet (or even if you have, read it again), Garik shed some light on just who Shane Prince is and who he might be in the future. [LHH]
- Or maybe you prefer the audio version? Garik spoke with Mike and I about Prince, then we talked about how the Islanders fit in the deadline-adjusted Metro. [Islanders Anxiety]
- The official site has seven facts about Prince.
- The Isles Buzz podcast talks to Kelly Hrudey, but not before going in search of Garth Snow for answers.
- The Sound Tigers are still waiting for Marc-Andre Cliche, who had been on a three-week road trip and wanted to get some family time in. [CT Post]
- While you were watching the Islanders slog it out in Vancouver, just down the road in Seattle, Mathew Barzal had a hat trick and two assists in the Thunderbirds 7-2 win over Tri-Cities. Parker Wotherspoon scored a goal for the Americans. [My Northwest]
- With another goal on Monday night, Michael Dal Colle has transformed the Frontenacs into a different team than they were in December. [Whig game recap | Turning the corner]
- Shannon Hogan explores Calgary, including the sweet skiing and cool curling. [MSG]
- Here are some fancy Islanders sneakers. I think. [Sneaker News]
- Voting for the Bob Nystrom Award is open. Matt Martin has won it every year since 1989. Vote here.
Across the Continent
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts covers the deadline, the World Cup, the Habs and tons of other stuff.
- Teams are navigating the ever-changing financial waters of the NHL. [TSN.ca]
- If you want to see big trades, the summer might be where it's at. [ESPN]
- Go behind the scenes at TSN to see what's it like when you have to do 10 hours of live TV on a quiet trade deadline. [Globe & Mail]
- Why does Brian Burke hate ties? Because people hate that he hates them. [SI.com]
- The sad tale of Rob Frid, who's many hockey fights and many concussions have taken their toll. [Globe & Mail]
- Please do not use any New York Rangers to acquire prom dates. [SBN]
- P.K. Subban gets to hang out with Snoop Dogg and you don't. [EOTP]
- Not hockey: an oral history of seminal sports blog AOL Fanhouse. [The Comeback]
- Kinda hockey: celebrate the Blu-Ray release of Strange Brew with these 12 facts about the McKenzie Brothers. [Mental Floss]