If the current trends continue, things could get ugly in Dallas on Saturday night. Might be a good time to see a movie or a Broadway show.
- Recaps: LHH spells "lethargy" | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | OTF
- With the loss, the Islanders magic number remains 19. Eric Hornick says last night could have been worse.
- The players are scoreboard watching, too. Hey, they're just like us! [Newsday]
- Neil Best's notes include injury news to Mikhail Grabovski (sent home) and Casey Cizikas (day-to-day). Also, John Tavares is aware of John Tavares' shootout struggles.
- The Power Rankings are very concerned about the health of Jaroslav Halak. [LHH]
- A closer look at Ryan Strome's difficult second season. [Atlantic Avenue Analytics]
- We kinda have an idea of what next year's salary cap will be, so let's see how the Islanders roster shakes out. [LHH]
- Familiarize yourself with the playoff races in the AHL.
- Eamon McAdam and Penn State beat Wisconsin 5-2 to advance past the first round of the Big 10 tournament. [BSD]
- In the battle of Michael Dal Colle's Frontenacs versus Joshua Ho-Sang's Ice Dogs, Ho-Sang was on the winning end of 5-4 score. He scored a goal in the third period for Niagara. [St. Cath. Standard]
- Also, both Ho-Sang and Dal Colle made the OHL Coach's Poll of outstanding players this season, coming in second and third respectively in the Eastern Conference's "Best Playmaker" category behind Toronto prospect Mitch Marner. Ho-Sang was voted "Best Stickhandler" in the East for the second year in a row, and came in second for "Best Shootout Shooter." Mitchell Vande Sompel also appeared, coming in second as both the Eastern Conference's "Best Skater" and "Best Offensive Defenseman."
More Friday Fun
- Former Stars captain Brenden Morrow called it a career [DBD] and wrote about the lessons he learned in his 15 years in NHL for the Players Tribune. Lesson 1: Brett Hull is insane.
- Quebec City makes the most sense for an NHL expansion team. Too bad about that pesky Canadian dollar. [TSN.ca]
- Jen LC goes longform on coaching, creativity and how the "nerds" really read their stats.
- Patrice Bergeron does his part to support a transgender rights bill in Boston. [SCoC]
- A preview of the Women's Frozen Four from SBN College Hockey.
- I don't care about March Madness. Like, at all. But Puck Daddy has an NCAA tournament of NHL players that you can vote in. Notre Dame's Anders Lee must have lost the play-in game.
- Please tell me you didn't buy any of that bogus green "Irish-ified" NHL merch on St. Paddy's Day. [BSH]
Well, here you go. Ryan Pulock's first NHL goal. A fun moment surrounded by 50-odd minutes of frustration. Love Tavares scooping up the memento from a Predator who knows what just happened.