Calmed down from last night yet? No? Too bad. The Islanders are in Pittsburgh tonight to once again face the flightless fowl. Let's see if they can up their Quality Minutes Played stat beyond 20 this time.
FIG picks go here. You might be able to pick Mikhail Grabovski, but we'll see a little later.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com on the second intermission that turned things around | NYI Skinny
- Also remember to read Eric Hornick's Skinny for daily updates on the playoff race.
- Calvin de Haan made a successful return to the lineup after some lingering injury issues. [Newsday]
- The Penguins discuss former teammate and now Islanders starter Thomas Greiss. [Post-Gaz]
- Islanders fans get a chance to meet the players through partner Lifestyle Authentics. [CBS NY]
- InGoal Magazine rates the Islanders goalie prospects a B+.
- And PC Magazine tours Barclays Center to get the low-down on its super Wi-Fi.
- The Section 329 folks have made themselves a home at the new place. [$port$ Bu$ine$$ Daily]
- Eamon McAdam has been named to the All-Big 10 second team. [BSD]
- Missed this yesterday: Mitchell Vande Sompel scored twice in Oshawa's 4-3 shootout win over Peterborough on Sunday. [Yahoo.ca]
Outside the Blast Radius
- The GMs meeting is going on in Boca (at least, some of the time) and they think the coach's challenges are just fine. [ESPN | TSN.ca | However, some Habs think differently according to Sportsnet]
- Next on the agenda is maybe fixing the lottery so one team - cough Oilers! cough - doesn't keep winning them. Blues GM Doug Armstrong has some ideas. [SBN]
- How many times has Edmonton won the lottery? You can see the years pass as owner Daryl Katz's son ages before our eyes. [SBN]
- Guys, seriously, the Flyers are playing very well and could be a playoff team. [BSH]
- The Leafs, on the other hand, are bad. Just not maybe in the ways you might think. [PPP]
- The players judged to be the best with the media at the University of North Dakota. [UND Hockey]
- Right after each league hands out their trophies, a territorial war might be brewing between the NWHL and CWHL. [Puck Daddy]
Glove? Jacob Markstrom doesn't need no stinking glove.