Damn this Daylight Savings Time. I thought it was an hour ago. Anyway, there's very little hockey on today so you have all day to read these.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | SCoC | CSNNE on resilient Bruins
- John Tavares' 200th career goal was basically the one highlight for the Islanders. [LHH | Newsday]
- He didn't get his wish, but before the game, Johnny Boychuk joked about wanting to score twice against his friend Tuukka Rask. [NESN Video]
- Now, good news: Calvin de Haan might return from injury Monday or Tuesday and Adam Pelech is getting better. Marek Zidlicky and Mikhail Grabovski remain out. [Newsday]
- For the Islanders, a calm German. [NY Times]
- Flatbush Files Vinny Piccolo talks about a few topics, including the Islanders attendance and the state of the team's overall plan.
- The Sound Tigers held off Wilkes-Barre Scranton for a 3-2 win. [BST]
- Another goal for Michael Dal Colle as Kingston loses to Ottawa. [The Whig]
- Rough night for Eamon McAdam as Penn States gets their Nittany butts kicked by Michigan. [Black Shoe Diaries]
- Missouri Mavericks leading scorer Jesse Root will miss the remainder of the season due to an injury suffered as the result of a slew-foot. [Mavs]
Isobel Cup Final
- The Boston Pride beat the Buffalo Beauts 3-1 on Saturday to take the first Isobel Cup final two games to none. Hockey Goalie Eh and I were at the game, played at the Prudential Center practice facility in Newark, at it was pretty great. Both goalies had spectacular moments and the game turned on a super dramatic short-handed goal with 10 minutes to go in the third by series MVP Brianna Decker.
- Got recaps here from Victory Press and Stanley Cup of Chowder, and I'll post some pictures later today.
- And here's a look at the Isobel Cup itself, unveiled by the league yesterday from Puck Daddy.
- If you didn't get a chance to go to any NWHL games this season, I highly recommend trying next season. And based on a tease by the league, there might be more teams coming soon. [Puck Daddy]
Around the Boards
- Evgeni Malkin will miss 6-8 weeks with an injury, putting the Penguins in a significant bind. [Post-Gaz]
- The penalties for skipping the All Star Game might increase if the GMs have something to say about it. [Sportsnet]
- The Blackhawks penalty kill is having some issues lately. [Sun-Times]
- Former enforcer Kevin Westgarth is the NHL's ambassador to China, as hockey continues to grow in the country. [The Hockey News]
- Stan Fischler remember the late Bill Gadsby, an outstanding player for the Rangers throughout the 50's and early 60's. [MSG Networks]
- FrancesaCon 3 was a huge hit again for our own Mike Leboff. Next year, gotta get Bill Parcells, Barack Obama and a horse from Saratoga to show up. [Newsday | Sports on Earth]