After three games in four nights in three different buildings (and, most importantly, grabbing five of six available points), the Islanders get two days of rest before facing the Bruins on Saturday afternoon.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | PPP
- Dat John Tavares goal was nice, doe. [LHH]
- So, yeah, Jaroslav Halak will be out a while and it's Thomas Greiss' net for the foreseeable future. [LHH | Newsday | Sportsnet]
- Tuesday was a playoff preview, not only for the Islanders and Penguins, but for the refs, too. [LHH]
- Soundin' Off recaps the many Sound Tigers injuries.
- Michael Dal Colle returned to Oshawa and put up two more goals as ton moved closer to a conference title with a win over the Generals. [The Whig]
- Johnny Gaudreau only needed 10 seconds to score twice for the Flames against the Predators last night. [CBS Sports]
- Coyotes defenseman Jarred Tinordi was suspended for 20 games for testing positive for PEDs. [FFH]
- Outdoor games are still a thing! Next year, we get three: The Blues will host the Blackhawks at Busch Stadium in the Winter Classic, the Red Wings face the Maple Leafs in the Centennial Classic at BMO Field in Toronto, and the Penguins will play the Flyers at Heinz Field in a yet-to-be-named Classic. That's all without the previously announced Heritage Classic between the Jets and Oilers in Winnipeg.
- After almost a full season, it's clear the Red Wings are a different team under Jeff Blashill. [WIIM]
- Doug "Killer" Gilmour writes a killer letter to his younger self. Includes a scary cameo appearance by the Trio Grande. [Players Tribune]
- That Marian Hossa contract will continue to haunt the Blackhawks' salary cap future for many, many years, even while Hossa haunts Chicago's opponents. [SCH]
- Ace photographer Bruce Bennett branches out to cover Life in Minor League Hockey in a photo essay for ESPN about the Orlando Solar Bears. [The Photos | The idea]
- In case anyone was wondering, it was PHIL Kessel missing a chance to tie Tuesday's game for the Penguins. Not his sister AMANDA. If you're gonna troll Phil about it, don't tweet at Amanda. [SBN]
- Justin Williams and Mike Richards returned to Los Angeles with the Capitals and they penned (not really) some NSFW letters (yes, really) to Kings fans. [BoC]
Long before last night's game, Pat LaFontaine had himself quite a game in Toronto, where he scored the first three goals of his NHL career. He throws in a fun Bobby Nystrom story for good measure.