Clear your afternoons this weekend. Saturday in Detroit, Sunday vs. Edmonton (with a ton of available tickets for those with no Super Bowl plans).
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday has Tavares putting the GWG on his shoulders | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Japers
- Oh, was that your head, Tom Wilson? Didn't see it there. Sorry. [LHH]
- Johnny Boychuk inches back to the Islanders ever so slowly. Soon, though. [Newsday]
- Meanwhile on the farm, Ryan Pulock is fine and the injury that kept him out of the AHL All Star Game wasn't serious. [CT Post]
- Anthony Beauvillier had a three point night on two goals and an assist in Shawinigan's 7-5 win over Charlottetown. [MetroNews]
- Bid on a John Tavares signed stick in the Peterborough Petes Pink in the Rink silent auction. [Peterborough Examiner]
Around the Boards
- Claude Giroux has a lot of love to give. [SBN]
- The problems for NHL.tv continue, and the fine print includes some scare tactics. [Deadspin]
- The SBN Blog Council convenes to predict the future...future...future...
- What went into Dennis Wideman's 20-game suspension [Sportsnet] and the appeal the NHLPA is filing [M&G]
- What kind of stats make a guy a "playmaker?" [Hockey Graphs]
- Looking back at the offseasons of the Metro Division teams. [NHL Numbers]
- Senators fans offer their idea about what the team's problem is in an interesting forum at Silver Seven.
- The Devils' run to the 1995 Cup was a dramatic one [NHL.com] and the man who build the Martin Brodeur statue that will sit outside of Prudential Center is living a storybook of his own. [NHL.com]
- Brendan Shanahan is putting his stamp on the Maple Leafs, even in their new logo. [Sportsnet]
- Corey Pronman on the top 30 draft prospects [E$PN IN$IDER$]
- Should the Oilers explore trading Darnell Nurse? [C&B]
- The current Habs are in a bad way, so they've decided to honor a historic era for the franchise: last October and November. [Zeitgeist]
- But they're not alone. The playoffs could be Canadian team free. [TSN.ca]
- There's a battle going on over a community rink in Nashville that's left a lot of kids and rec players without a sheet to play on. [OTF]
- The most important article you will ever read about hockey players that look like actress Tilda Swinton. [The Canafornians]