So long State of Hockey. The Islanders are coming to Calgary for a Thursday night game at the 'Dome.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Wilderness
- Calvin de Haan's injury was worse than originally thought so he stayed home. [Newsday]
- Shannon Hogan talks with the many Minnesota guys on the Islanders and shares some cold weather stories. [MSG]
- Before you come up with a crazy trade proposal for Monday's deadline, let's talk about what the Islanders have to actually trade. [LHH]
- Altar of Bossy looks back at the rebuild and ahead at plugging the inevitable holes.
- Islanders Insight urges fans to forget the noise and focus on the goal: winning playoff rounds.
- This might come as a great shock to many of you, but the Nassau Coliseum rebuild has hit a small legal snag. [LIBN.com | Newsday]
- Brent Thompson was FIRED UP at Sound Tigers practice (and not because Ryan Pulock didn't play in Minnesota). [CT Post & Soundin' Off]
- The official site rounds up the prospects.
- Eamon McAdam has been sharing a crease but it might be time for him to be Penn State's No. 1. [Daily Collegian]
- The Capitals picked up some depth, dealing a 2017 pick for Buffalo defenseman Mike Weber. [Japers]
- Incredible! Donald Trump stops by Broad Street Hockey to recap last night's Flyers-Hurricanes game. Great recap. A tremendous recap, really.
- Yo, Joe Blandisi of the Devils needs some serious acting lessons. [SBN]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts covers deadline scuttlebutt and coaches challenges.
- John Tortorella hates the coaches challenge, too. [Jackets Xtra]
- Looking for a Hurricane to add at the deadline? Jeff Skinner's still got the goods. [TSN.ca]
- So, too, does Mark Streit for that matter. But will the Flyers move him? [BSH]
- If you watched the Wild-Blackhawks Stadium Series game, you are part of a very small (and dwindling) club. [Awful Announcing]
- Dallas GM Jim Nill foresees a quiet deadline for his club. [NHL.com]
- Meanwhile in Edmonton, Peter Chiarelli has put almost his entire roster on notice. [Oilers Nation]
- The NWHL playoffs are around the corner and the last place Riveters might need a change behind the bench. [TSS]
- A movie about John Scott is happening, and the people in charge of it are responsible for some treacly, maudlin shit that's going to make a potentially fun movie suck on hot ice. [SBN]
- Generally speaking, leaving a game in handcuffs isn't a good look. [SBN]
- Doc Emrick re-connects his hero: 90-year-old Bob Chase, who's still calling games for the Fort Wayne Komets. [NBCSN]
- So if anyone is going to be in San Jose on March 28 and wants to get me a Brent Burns Chia Pet, I'd be very appreciative. [The Score]
Yeah, most intermission walk-off interviews are terrible. But when ex-Predators tough guy Rich Clune returned to Nashville as a Maple Leaf, he had some words for current Preds tough guy Cody Bass that would make Randy "Macho Man" Savage proud.
Rich clune with the greatest interview of all time. pic.twitter.com/D0nD4kxzYA— Blan (@Hutchisonn88) February 24, 2016