The Islanders are on the long road for real now, starting tonight in Minnesota. Ryan Pulock is with them. Calvin de Haan and MIkhail Grabovski are not.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight here.
- Tonight: Ryan Pulock finally gets his chance. We think. [Newsday]
- Here he is at practice (in case you didn't believe the call up news)
- Why did it take so long? Well it actually didn't take that long. Impressive path for the 15th-overall pick. [LHH]
- Brock Nelson the "prolific scorer." [Times]
- Islanders Anxiety: The latest LHH podcast has Dan, Mike and myself talking about the week that was, the trade deadline expectations, and our anxieties for the road ahead. [LHH]
- Kyle Okposo isn't going to beg to stay. [Newsday]
- Staple handled fan questions about the Isles in his latest Q&A. We grab the highlights here. [LHH]
- Reality checks about the Isles in Barclays. [Newsday] (All the more necessary when Deadspin does this.)
- One-on-one with Anders Lee. [Hockey Buzz]
- The Isles will auction off these pre-game-worn St. Patrick's Day jerseys for charity. [Isles]
- Anthony Beauvillier had a big night in the Cataractes' 7-2 drubbing of Voltigeurs. [Metro News]
- Playmobils in Islanders clothing! [Newsday]
On the Road
- A trade between two opponents on this raod trip: Hunter Shinkaruk to Calgary for Markus Granlund. [Nucks Misconduct]
- The Seven States (Weeks) of Grief for Vancouver fans. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Hey, this is a familiar one for Isles fans: The curious case of T.J. Brennan. [PPP]
- Ugly scene as Ryan Reaves' boarding knocks out Alfred, Lord Tennyson. [SB Nation]
- Justin Schultz "has worn out his welcome" in Edmonton. [Edmonton Journal]
Finally, last night the Capitals became the first NHL team ever to win 44 of its first 58 games (and yes, this is highly enabled by the shootout/OT era).
Spring disappointment will be all the sweeter!