Enjoy your weekend. The Islanders are off, but Sunday's NBC schedule is packed with NHL action including the outdoor game from Minnesota.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders video recap | NHL.com | AATJ
- The game was notable for a few reasons as outlined by a busy Eric Hornick in a series of Islanders Skinnies. Full Game Skinny | The Islanders have a made a habit of shutting out the Devils this season. Part 1 and Part 2 | Finally, in the 19 1-0 wins in Islanders history, Casey Cizikas' goal was the earliest.
- Another update on Calvin de Haan, who sat out again last night. Still no call-up or IR yet. [Newsday]
- ESPN talking heads roundtable the Islanders goalie go-round. Pierre Lebrun isn't a fan of either goalie and Craig Custance thinks Garth Snow will be aggressive at the deadline. (Note: this was published prior to last night's shutout win)
- Look, it's out there. So if we have to talk about it, do it here.
- A very interesting statistical look at the Islanders' loss to the Capitals, including who played well and who got rooked. [TSS]
- Sound Tiger Alan Quine is nearing a franchise record point streak. [CT Post]
- Various Tigers talk about Scott Mayfield's suspension and some recent changes on defense. [Soundin' Off]
- An assist in Kingston's win over Ottawa extended Michael Dal Colle's point streak to an OHL-best 13 games. [Whig]
- Also, Sunday's showdown features Dal Colle versus Joshua Ho-Sang's Niagara Ice Dogs for some huge points. [Whig]
- Clark Gillies remains the best, donates big money to Huntington Hospital's pediatric emergency unit. [Fios]
- Not Islanders (technically), but congrats to the Oyster Bay Brewing Co. - makers of the tasty Barn Rocker Ale - for moving on up into a bigger home with a new tasting room. [Newsday]
The Bergen Beach Youth Organization is hosting a Try Hockey Day tomorrow at the Bergen Beach Sports Complex. Take the kids and meet Ryan Strome.
- Montreal wouldn't be stupid enough to trade P.K. Subban, would they? That would be like the Bryan Berard trade times a million. Get your head out of your ass, Habs. [EOTP | Dreger Report]
- You don't know his name, but Adam Francilia is a rising star in the goalie coach world, working with Devan Dubnyk, James Reimer, Eddie Lack and the Islanders own Thomas Greiss. [NHL.com]
- We've been taking about the Flint Firebirds situation and here's a comprehensive history of where the team went off the rails. [TSN.ca]
- The NHWL broke barriers by paying women to play hockey. But money remains tight for many players. [TSS]
- The Top 30 NHL draft prospects includes Brent Thompson's son Tage. [Sportsnet]
- Buy some of Ed Belfour's old stuff so he can buy a bourbon and whiskey distillery. [Puck Daddy]