Bad news: the Islanders lost in OT last night. Good news: a chance to get two points right away in New Jersey tonight.
FIG picks go here. Get them in before 7 pm.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Japers
- Calvin de Haan missed last night's game but he might be back sooner rather than later. [Newsday]
- Another tough loss to the Capitals shows the Islanders still have a ways to go. [Newsday]
- Brian Compton talks to Sirius XM Radio prior to the game.
- Scott Mayfield has been suspended for three AHL games for a check to the head of Springfield's Steve Downie (yes, that Steve Downie). [Soundin' Off]
- With Mayfield out (and scorer Andrew Rowe hurt), other Sound Tigers will need to take another step. [CT Post | More Soundin' Off notes on who's up]
- Is it a day that ends in "y?" Then Michael Dal Colle has probably scored - twice in yesterday's case in a loss to Peterborough. [Whig]
- All kinds of hell broke loose in Tampa's 6-5 shootout win over Winnipeg last night and Paul Maurice missed a lot of it after getting tossed for using some salty language. [SBN]
- The SBN Blog Council is back (featuring yours truly this week) and we talk Pacific Division, Nordiques 2.0 and the inevitable Caps-Rangers playoff series.
- Things in Montreal continue to circle down le toilet: Michel Therrien and P.K. Subban don't see eye to eye [CBS Sports] | Now might be the time to trade some assets. [ESPN] | Eyes on the Prize keeps things simple.
- Meanwhile in Toronto, everyone is walking around with a target on their back and plane ticket in their pocket. [Sportsnet]
- The text messages from Dennis Wideman's phone hit almost as hard as he hit official Don Henderson. [Sportsnet]
- Down Goes Brown rejiggers the GM of the Year results over the years. [Sportsnet]
- Andi Petrillo is going where no woman has gone before: the host's chair for Leafs Lunch on TSN radio. [PPP]
- The NWHL season is winding down and is ready to hand out some awards soon. [TSS]
- The sad saga of the Flint Firebirds continues, with the OHL suspending the owner and management from hockey operations. [Freep]
- This weekend features the first of this season's two Stadium Series games, when the Blackhawks play the Wild at the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium. And the big musical acts the NHL has contracted for this grand game: Cheap Trick and Soul Asylum! No, seriously. Hey, at least you've heard of them.