The Islanders were off yesterday, but even an off day in the NHL means going to work: This time it was Casino Night, to benefit the Islanders Children's Foundation, and the photos were awesome as usual.
- With the off day, Newsday got an update on Ryan Pulock's progress, particularly since Calvin de Haan's injury raises the possibility of at least a short-term change. Brent Thompson: "in juniors, it was offense, offense, offense for him. He’s got that weapon of a shot and he could help the [Islanders’] power play right now, but if he’s not good enough in his own end, no one will ever see that shot." [Newsday]
- Speaking of that shot, it took a teammate (Andrew Rowe) out of the game as Pulock's Sound Tigers lost another (extra time) one they felt they should've won. Still points in 10 straight though. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Hey you, why aren't your friends joining you in watching the Isles on TV? [LHH]
- Torgo shares tales and photos from the "be an Islander" promotion. [LHH]
- 1130 The Fan talks to Butch Goring about the trade deadline and more. [WDFN]
- After a 44-game drought, Matt Moulson finally scores again. [Die by the Blade]
- Elsewhere, the Caps continue to be unstoppable, this time beating the Kings with Phil Not-Holtby-bauer in goal. [NHL] The Devils' regulation loss to Philly means they stay a point behind the Isles who now have three games in hand.
- This week's 30 Thoughts begin with the reeling Canadiens. [Sportsnet]
- Another day, another headshot ejection for Radko Gudas. [SB Nation]
- Do you leave hockey games early? If so, when did Satan infect you? [Puck Daddy]
- Eric Lindros is healthy and happy. [THN]
(Dan here: Whoops. Meant to clip this before. It's Brock Nelson talking about getting his 100th career point against the Wings on Monday)