- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Winging It
- First, the bad news: we await word on the extent of Calvin de Haan's lower-body injury. Jack Capuano seemed concerned, but who knows. [Newsday]
- Special teams were firing on all cylinders against Motor City yesterday. [Newsday]
- The Islanders have found comfort in the confines of Barclays Center. [Newsday]
- Newsday sending three (3) reporters to cover the Islanders on a non-playoff and non-Rangers game day? What a time to be alive.
- Wait. Do the Islanders have a... a goalten... A goalie contro... No. I can't even say it. It's complicated. [Puck Daddy | NY Post]
- The defense are ACTIVATING and scoring, which is handy. [WSJ]
- Garik looked at the seasons for Brock Nelson and Anders Lee because he new Nelson was going to score against Detroit. [LHH]
- Brock also finally spilled the beans on the "Reverend" photo we all love. [LHH]
- Brent Thompson liked how the Sound Tigers played on Sunday despite losing to Albany. [Soundin' Off]
- Stop me if you've heard this before but Michael Dal Colle scored a goal. This time in Kingston's 6-4 playoff-clinching win over Barrie. [Whig]
Around the NHL
- Evander Kane missed practice and has been suspended by the Sabres for one game. Seems to be contagious this year. [DBTB]
- If Steven Stamkos leaves Tampa, it won't be at the trade deadline, so sayeth Yzerman. [SBN]
- The big Toronto Tag Sale is only just beginning. [PPP]
- Predicting the Canucks moves at the trade deadline. Dan Hamhuis, anyone? [The Province]
- Turns out dumping the puck on the power isn't the end of the world. It's just not a good idea. [NHL Special Teams]
- Brendan Leipsic may or may not be a potential Leafs savior, but at least he comes with the Teemu Selanne Seal of Approval. [Globe n Mail]
- This NHLPA '93-inspired goalie mask is the NHLPA '93 Jeremy Roenick of goalie masks. [Puck Daddy]
- On Sunday, my wife, daughter and I took in the New York Riveters' 4-3 shootout win over Buffalo at Aviator Events in Brooklyn. We had a great time and hope some of you got to go see them (I might write a thing up about the experience). I can personally vouch for goalie Nana Fujimoto's awesomeness on the ice since she basically kept the Riveters in the game through two sloppy periods, but here's Vice on her awesomeness off of it.
- Yesterday was Jaromir Jagr's 44th birthday and the man celebrated with a sweet cake. [SBN]
Not a bad pair of professors.