FIG picks go here. Get them in before 1 pm.
- Still, Johnny Boychuk and Nick Leddy are the Islanders' dynamic duo. [Newsday]
- It's probably time to remove Jacob Trouba from your trade proposals. [LHH]
- Brian Compton previews the Islanders at the trade deadline. [NHL.com]
- Jiggs McDonald talks All Star Game, Wideman and cold ass road trips. [Insight]
- Isles Talk looks for some consistency from either the Islanders or their opponents.
- Barclays Center has reversed course on some proposed ticket price hikes [IslesBlog] and responses to fan outcry have become a regular occurrence during the team's first season at their new home. [Hockey Writers]
- Albany beat Bridgeport in overtime, snapping the Sound Tigers' winning streak at eight. [Soundin' Off]
- Mathew Barzal didn't score in Seattle's 6-5 win over Portland, but he had three assists. [My Northwest]
- Devon Toews scored the overtime game-winner in No. 1 Quinnipiac's win over (not David) Clarkson. [Sports Page]
- Penn State tied (kids: ask your parents) Michigan State 2-2 as Eamon McAdam made 34 saves and picked up an assist. [StateCollege.com]
- Taylor Cammarata and the science of line chemistry. [SBN College Hockey]
- Long Island guy, former Islanders season ticket holder and Eric Fichaud fan Keith Kinkaid earned his first career shutout on Sunday against Los Angeles. [AP]
- All About the Jersey snapshots the Metro.
- AMac is back! for the Flyers (because Michael Del Zotto is hurt). [BSH]
- Nigh-indestructible Marian Hossa is on the IR and the Blackhawks called up some fake person from Rockford. [SCH]
- Mike Yeo was like Harry Houdini, except instead of lock picks and props, Yeo used hot goalies to cheat death. [Puck Daddy]
- Could the NHL's next big head coaching hire come from Europe? [EOTP]