The Islanders were in Raleigh to watch (probably from their hotel rooms) the Hurricanes' OT loss to the Penguins last night. Tonight, we hope they can take advantage of some tired legs and get two points.
- The Islanders have played their best against the West and It's time to finally feast on the East. [Newsday]
- Warning to the NHL: John Tavares is on the hot streak we all knew was coming. [Islanders]
- Kidsday is still a thing apparently a cadre of junior reporters talk to Kyle Okposo. [Newsday]
- Okposo could totally end up playing for the Wild except they have zero cap space and he's not really thinking about or pushing for it so carry on. [West Central Trib]
- The case for re-signing Matt Martin. [TSS]
- Stephon Williams is back from the ECHL confident and ready for the Sound Tigers. [CT Post]
- Carter Verhaeghe is day-to-day with "lower body soreness," which could finally mean playing time for healthy scratch Sebastien Collberg. [Soundin' Off]
- Michael Dal Colle's goal was a game-winner in Kingston's 2-1 win over Windsor. [Whig]
- Sportsnet does a big feature on the rebound of Dal Colle's season.
Around the league
- A report says Carey Price could miss the entire rest of the regular season, which is not what the Habs wanted their fans to hear. [EOTP]
- Tonight's opponent is celebrating their lone Stanley Cup win from... wow, 10 years ago? Holy cow I'm old. [Canes Country]
- Despite the tons of digital ink spilled about it, Steven Stamkos may not actually end up playing for the Leafs. [TSN.ca]
- Stamkos may very well want to leave Tampa Bay for... Buffalo? [DBTB]
- Connor McDavid could increase the price for another team to land Jordan Eberle. [C&B]
- A very interesting look into the behind-the-scenes mechanics of a player being traded, as seen through the recent Dion Phaneuf-to-Ottawa deal. From phone calls to plane tickets to dummied-up equipment. [Sportsnet]
- After a whirlwind couple of weeks, it's back to St. John's and normalcy for John Scott. [ESPN]
- Martin Brodeur was born to be a goalie, according to Martin Brodeur. [Players Trib]
- We mentioned in yesterday's bits the GoFundMe campaign for AP hockey writer Ira Podell. With the help of generous donations, including a huge one from the Rangers, Team Ira surpassed its goal. Thank you to all who contributed. [Daily News]
- Mike from BSB talks to Riveters forward Beth Hanrahan about her season, preparation and off-ice life.
- Bubble Hockey is back! [CBS NY]