Saturday night in Raleigh, the Islanders play the Hurricanes in a game much bigger than any of us would have expected before the season.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | JFTC
- Chemistry is going to be an important class for the Islanders this semester. [IPB]
- Stephon Williams is back in Bridgeport and Parker Milner heads down to Missouri. [BST]
- Taylor Cammarata has a new linemate and a mandate to score goals. [MN Daily]
- Speaking of linemates, Kirill Petrov is still in Russia and playing with former Senators phenom-that-never-was Stephane Da Costa. [Orleans Star]
- The Islanders' President's Day Cup Tournament is this weekend at Northwell Health Ice Center.
- Puck Talks Live Islanders is BACK! Monday, March 28th again at The Rock Shop in Brooklyn. This time, we'll be joined by Steve Webb, who probably has a few stories to share. Tickets are available here. The last one was amazing, so don't miss this.
- Ira Podell is a name some of you might recognize from his countless bylines on AP hockey stories over more than a decade on the job, covering the Islanders and Rangers as well as special events around the league. When I worked at the AP, Ira was one of the friendliest and most generous guys in the room, especially to the "lowly" agate guys like me. He's going through a very, very rough time right now and can use your help. Please visit his GoFundMe page to learn more about his condition and contribute what you can.
- Whatever story is being told here, it's probably great. Also great is this legendary selfie.
World Cup of Boggs
From last RT -- Boggsy will be working with plenty of current and former #isles on Team Other. Nielsen, Halak, Grabovski, Nino, Streit, etc.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) February 10, 2016
- This is the face you see in your nightmares. [SBN]
- Patrice Bergeron versus Blake Wheeler. No, not on a face-off. In a fight. Yep. [SCoC]
- The SBN Blog Council convenes to talk Sidney Crosby and dream trades. [SBN]
- Oh, were you expecting Christian Ehrhoff to be picked up on waivers? You must be new here. [JFTC]
- Kris Russell is many things. Defensive stalwart is not among them. [TSN.ca]
- That throat slash move we saw all day yesterday will cost Nazim Kadri $5K. [PPP]
- Have you seen the new and improved NHL.com? It is new but far from improved. [SBN]
- An interview with Andrew W.K. about music and the Penguins using "Party Hard" as their goal song. [Sporting News]
- The 2017 NHL Draft will take place in Chicago. Nice to see a small, under-served market get a big event like that. [SCH]
Nice, easy win, eh, coach? Uh, Jack?