- Recaps: LHH includes Islanders' Twitter response to the Jackets | Newsday | Islanders on surprised Clutterbuck | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | The Cannon
- Kyle Okposo talks about the 499 games he played before last night, and John Tortorella talks about Jack Capuano and why he'll be at the World Cup. [Newsday]
- Elliotte Friedman had a few Thoughts about the Islanders, although he's kind of in the same boat we are. [LHH]
- Mike and I discussed the Islanders recent roller coaster and when a time out is a troll job or not. [Islanders Anxiety]
- The Point Blank boys talk about the realities (and possibly steep prices) of trade deadline deals.
- Checking in with the Islanders prospects including Ilya Sorokin shutting out half the KHL and the Mavericks actually losing a game. [Islanders | Bridgeport Repot]
- A light day at Sound Tigers practice with injured Joe Whitney hanging around. [Soundin' Off]
- Mathew Barzal had a goal, but Seattle got its butts kicked by Kelowna on Monday [My Northwest]. Tuesday's game was better, with Barzal netting a hat trick in the Thunderbirds' 6-0 revenge win. [MNW]
- Profiling the travelling Islanders fan of "Crosby Sucks" jersey fame. [Along the Boards]
- Condolences to the family of Jim "Pick" Pickard, long time Islanders equipment manager:
- The Leafs and Senators hooked up for a massive nine-player trade that was rare in both its inter-divisional and mutually beneficial nature. Toronto sent captain and salary cap drain Dion Phaneuf to Ottawa for a bunch of guys who will go UFA
innext June and a second rounder. Gonna be weird seeing him on the other side. [PPP | Silver Seven | Chris Johnston of Sportsnet | Willis on the Leafs' successful "pump & dump" strategy, or as we call it, "The Andrew MacDonald." [B/R]
- Last night at The Rock, it was all about the Devils' rock, Martin Brodeur. [NHL.com]
- Flames coach Bob Hartley scratched Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan, two of his best forwards, and defenseman Lance Bouma against the Leafs because of practice lateness and general insubordination. Calgary won (mainly because they were playing the Leafs) but still, ooof. [Sportsnet]
- Another rarity: two guys fighting three times in the same game. Unfortunately for Florida's Alex Petrovic, Evander Kane swept all three and rubbed some salt in the wound. [Puck Daddy]
- Oh god. Be worried. Justin "Jultz" Schultz was a scratch for the Oilers last night and could be on the move soon. Hope it's to some place other than Brooklyn. [C&B]
- Ignore analytics at your own peril. [TSN.ca]
- Vegas moneybags Bill Foley has learned that getting a hockey team isn't exactly like ordering room service at the Luxor. [Review Journal]
- Jonathan Drouin's trade mess brings up memories for Ottawa's Kyle Turris. [Tampa Bay Times | NBC Sports]
- The Hockey PDOCast is back! Talking Dennis Wideman and the "return" of the "real" Sidney Crosby.
- A new site emerges for AHL news: Around the A.
- Video: On an off-day, the Canes went curling. (c'mon, Staal. None of that ole' bullshit)