No rest for the weary. Saturday in Columbus, the Islanders face yet another tough test.
Mike’s Power Rankings will be out later today. Still a long way to go, but it's better than the previous weeks.
Happy Friday. Spend it watching John Tavares' ridiculous goal from last night.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- The flu bug releases Johnny Boychuk and takes Ryan Strome. And Ken Hitchcock got jokes. [Newsday]
- The Blues skipped their morning skate because they didn't want to get caught in traffic on their way to Brooklyn. I wish I could use that excuse. [Post-Dispatch]
- Dom was on the Blues Hockey Podcast before the game to talk about the Islanders fan experience.
- Andrew Ladd gets the in-depth treatment from NHLNumbers. Still a good player, but finding a fit on the Islanders has been a struggle.
- Stupid Goalie List is Stupid: A short play by our own Keith Quinn.
- Last night's NHL scores. The Flyers have won seven in a row after beating the Oilers in a game straight out of 1987.
- Don't make Carey Price angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry. [HEOTP]
- Dude, Max Pacioretty played through November on a broken foot? Holy cow. [Sportsnet]
- The NHL will handle that rejected Golden Knights trademark in due time, like next summer. Until then, joke away. [SBN]
- What bargain signings are paying off? Strike up the Fiddle. [TSN.ca]
- I'm not even sure what to make of this. Like, I know it's hard to come up with new angles everyday, but c'mon, Frank. You're smarter than this. [TSN.ca]
- Do you care about the 2018 Olympics? The NHL has concerns about going. I don't care. [NHL.com]
- The NWHL All Star Game is in Pittsburgh this year and commissioner Dani Rylan talks to The Ice Garden about it.
- The Panthers are selling shirts based on their beef with talking head Doug MacLean. That's cool. [Miami Herald]