He said it. Not me:
When asked what it means to reach .500, John Tavares said: "It means we still have a lot of work to do" #Isles 4-0-1 last five— Jim Cerny (@JimCerny) December 7, 2016
Enjoy your Wednesday.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | BSB
- Not a bad day for Scott Mayfield. In Bridgeport in the morning, scoring goals at Barclays in the evening. [Newsday]
First Isles/Rangers game was awsome. Thanks to all the fans that came out to watch us get the W!— Scott Mayfield (@scottmayfield2) December 7, 2016
- Brooksie has concerns (and the Rangers have injuries). [NY Post]
- Per Elliotte Friedman and Darren Dreger, Jon Ledecky may have also talked to former Vancouver brass Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman about the team president gig. great... [LHH]
- Ledecky also spent the game surrounded by Islanders alumni including Bryan Trottier and Ed Westfall. [Newsday]
- Finally, the owner and Sparky were at JFK for a Rotary Club event. It happened at Hangar 81, not to be confused with Hangar 18. [Islanders Gallery]
- This Brett Cyrgalis story about the search for a winger for John Tavares isn't that bad, but the headline is some Grade A fear mongering from The Post.
- Due to injuries, the Sound Tigers have recalled Kyle Schempp from Missouri and signed the awesomely named Rocco Carzo to a PTO. [CT Post]
- The best man for the Islanders' team president position might be our own Khan Noonian Singh. Those late 20th century eugenics experiments might finally pay off for humanity. [FanPost]
Around the NHL
- Last night's NHL scores.
- Scary scene in Newark last night as a hit from Taylor Hall knocked Vancouver defenseman Philip Larsen out cold. Larsen had to be stretchered off but he was later awake when taken to a hospital. [AP]
- An autopsy reveals that former NHL Marek Svatos died due to a drug overdose. [SBN]
- The league is looking into moving into new digs in NYC. [NY Post]
- And here are the leaders in All Star voting after one week. Weird, Jean-Francois Berube isn't one of them... [NHL.com]
And now it's in my head (but why did they edit the song for this video?)