Good morning folks. Ol' Frans Nielsen got the best of us last night. As did Mike Green. We couldn't win forever, that's for sure.
Scriptures of Islanderdom
- Recaps from an overtime smiting: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NY Post | NYI Skinny | Winging It in Motown
- Thomas Vanek says he turned down the Islanders 7-year, $50 million deal because of their move to Brooklyn. He probably has a bookie there or something like that (*rimshot*). Also, Nielsen felt "weird." [Staple]
- From the Red Wings website: how Fransy felt about facing his former team for the first time, and how he feels being in Detroit. [Red Wings]
Psalms from the Sound
- From the way Michael Fornabaio describes it, the Sound Tigers played a reasonably under-inspired game in their loss to Lehigh Valley. [Soundin' Off | CT Post]
- Someone named Robert Hagg (so you just know this next part is going to be shitty) plastered my beautiful boy Joshua Ho-Sang in the third period and he would not return, but Coach Thompson seemed to think he would be okay. (From either of Lehigh Valley game links).
- Ho-Sang got into character and plenty more from 'Star Wars' weekend for Bridgeport. [TSN]
League Verses (or lack thereof)
- Last Night's NHL scores.
- It was weird enough that Teddy Purcell was placed on waivers by the Kings. It's even more strange that he wasn't claimed. [Jewels from the Crown]
- Your Weekly Metro Division Snapshot, as told by All About the Jersey. [AATJ]
The Isles are at Toys 'R' Us today, doing their annual Christmas shopping bonanza. Add their snapchat if you want to see more.