Yeah. You totally expected that win. Right.
The Islanders are back at it Thursday night in St. Paul to face a Wild team that’s won 142 games in a row. That’s the league’s second longest active streak behind the Blue Jacket 382 straight victories.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NHL.com | Islanders | NYI Skinny | Japers
- Apparently, there's a plan for the goalies and yesterday was Jaroslav Halak's turn. Sure, okay. [Newsday]
- Brett Cyrgalis notes column has Tavares the penalty killer and a Casey Cizikas update.
- More on Joshua Ho-Sang's latest healthy scratch. Michael Fornabaio reports that the kid knows what the coaches want. Meanwhile, both Ho-Sang and Brent Thompson talk to Noel on the Hockey Buzz podcast and have high praise for each other. As of yesterday, it appears he'll be in tonight's lineup, BTW.
- Patrick Cullity isn't a household name but he's an important part of the Sound Tigers. [CT Post]
- Another win for Canada and another standout performance by Mathew Barzal. They blew out Slovakia 5-zip and he made a couple of defenders look silly. [Sportsnet | SNET Notes | LHH]
- Barzal is both talented and focused, kind of like John Tavares. Let's hope they play together for a long, long time. [Sportsnet]
- Remembering when the World Juniors turned into Thunderdome. [TSN.ca]
- Ryan O'Reilly will miss a bunch of time after having his appendix removed. That will not make the Sabres happy. [DBTB]
- Seriously, though. Are the Wild and Blue Jackets for real? One might be. The other... [TSN.ca]
- Canes Country grades Carolina goalies for the first half.
- How a goalie reacts to a goal says a lot about him. And it's usually hilarious. [Down Goes Brown]
Here are The Maven and The Commish enjoying a little toy time.