Okay, everyone. Put those holiday presents away. The Islanders are back on the ice tonight against the Capitals. Let’s see who had a little too much eggnog over the last few days.
FIG picks go here. Good luck.
- Andrew Ladd (and John Tavares) know you're disappointed this season hasn't been what was expected. But they're still working hard and all that stuff. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers fell apart in the third period and lost 5-2 to Hartford last night. [CT Post | BST]
- And, yes, Joshua Ho-Sang was once again a healthy scratch. Michael Fornabaio reports that Brent Thompson says it's a learning thing rather than a doghouse thing. Not sure if that allays any fears. [Soundin' Off]
- The Hockey Writers on how the Islanders can still make some progress this season, even if the playoffs are just about out of reach.
World Junior stuff
- The 2017 World Junior tournament has started and Mathew Barzal wasted no time in making an impression. He had a goal and two assists in Canada's rout of Russia and may have been the best player on the ice on a stacked roster. [EOTP | Sportsnet | NHL Numbers]
- Barzal and Kieffer Bellows are your Islanders WJC reps [Islanders]. Bellows was just about the only BU player to not score a goal as the US crushed Latvia 6-1. [SBN CH]
Old Men Yelling
- Brooksie wants the good stats, the GlenGaryBettman stats. You think you deserve that coffee, you piece of shit? [NY Post]
- Mike Harrington takes a flame thrower to Dan Bylsma, Tim Murray and the Sabres for their very Islanders-like season. Woof. Someone probably didn't get a Christmas card from Terry Pegula. [Buffalo News]