Nope. No game today. Tomorrow night. Tonight's a good time to get some late Christmas shopping done.
- Stephen (Not Brian) Gionta, a name you heard over the summer then forgot about, is back on a two-way deal. Pray for John Tavares' health and Anthony Beauvillier's playing time. [LHH]
- The players say the right things about being positive and working their way back into the playoff picture after a disastrous start. I wouldn't expect anything else. [NHL.com]
- One guy who's doing his part right now is Anders Lee. [Newsday]
- Ralph Macchio calls into the Point Blank podcast to talk about his bobblehead night and his Islanders fandom. It's a really fun, enjoyable conversation with a dedicated, knowledgeable fan. Who just happens to be Ralph Macchio.
- Also at IPB, Brian and Andy debate the action and inaction of team ownership to this point.
- Three exceptional JTs in two unembeddable videos (thanks for nothing, Rogers). In the first, John Tavares talks about the influence his uncle John Tavares has had on him. I never get tired of these. [Hometown Hockey. Also, WTF is "Presented by Giuseppe Pizzaria by Dr Oetker" even supposed to mean?]
- And in the second video, the Islanders' original JT John Tonelli talks about growing up in Milton, Ontario. [Hometown Hockey]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts dedicate a few of them to the Leafs trading James van Riemsdyk at a high cost.
- Goalies! Ben Bishop will miss a month with a lower body injury [Raw Charge] and Jimmy Howard is on injured reserve [WIIM]. Both got hurt in the same game, too.
- Bishop is just the latest Lightning to end up on the injured list. [Raw Charge]
- Artemi "The Breadman" Panarin is sawing through the league on the power play like a long, serrated knife. [Sportsnet]
- The Capitals surprise a hockey player from Abu Dhabi and remind everybody that Hockey is for Everyone. [CSI MA]
Okay, all joking aside: I love watching the Islanders deliver toys to kids in hospitals. Great job. More video at Newsday, too.