Well that was... hey, they won.
Last game before Christmas is Friday versus Buffalo, a.k.a. Ralph Macchio Appreciation Night. Tickets still available.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | SCOC
- Man, that first Anders Lee goal was something else. Not a good look for Tuukka Rask. [SCOC]
- But at least he had a good sense of humor about having one of those nights.
Quote of the night, from Tuukka on the third Islanders goal:— Cam Kerry (@camkerry7) December 21, 2016
"Seal the deal, wish Merry Christmas for the Islanders and call it a night"
- The Bruins welcomed back Dennis Seidenberg, who has fond memories of Boston. [Newsday | WEEI | CSNNE]
- Macchio talks about his bobblehead figure with Fox5 [video]. And tune into the Point Blank podcast today, where he'll be the guest.
- You know who knows a thing or two about running a hockey team in Las Vegas? Former Las Vegas Thunder coach Butch Goring. [Review Journal]
- Last night's NHL scores. Make that 10 in a row for the Blue Jackets now. The Islanders didn't seem to get the Metro Memo that ten-game winning streaks were available for the taking.
- Jaromir Jagr is now tied with Mark Messier for second on the NHL's all time points list. He's going to play until he's 70. [NHL.com]
- How the Grinch stole the Avalanche's offense. Mile High Hockey asks whether it was old Grinch Patrick Roy or new Grinch Jared Bednar.
- Is Alex Ovechkin slowing down? Until I stop having panic attacks when I see him on the power play, I'm gonna go ahead and guess no. [Japers]
- So, like, what does an NHL analytics expert do? [E$PN IN$IDER$ ONLY]
- Celebrating old ass rookies like Minnesota's Pat Cannone. [The Hockey News]
- Celebrating great goalies who played on some terrible teams. Why yes, Dominik Hasek is on there. [Puck Daddy]
- What can the Atlanta Flames teach the Golden Knights about igniting some expansion success. [Sportsnet]
- It's that time again for everyone's favorite totally random but still somewhat notable European hockey tournament, the (Egon) Spengler Cup! This year's Team Canada roster features one-time Islander Mark Flood. Print is dead. [Hockey Canada]
Young Anthony is growing up right before our eyes. But, bro, that "mustache" has to go.