Folks, it’s Friday. The Islanders have won three straight including back-to-backs against the Penguins and Capitals, one by shutout. Treat yourself to something nice today.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday reports a robbery | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Japers Rink
- Seidenberg is Seidenback! (and Adam Pelech is on IR retro to Monday). [Newsday]
- In case you missed it yesterday, here’s Brian Compton’s big story on Anders Lee and the twists and turns in his career. [NHL.com]
- Man, that dude selling Lotto tickets and stocking shelves with Devil Dogs looks a lot like Clark Gillies... [LHH | NHL.com]
- Darren Dreger sorta talks out of his ass about Tavares and free agency, without any facts to back him up. Carry on. [Nichols Notes]
- Ryan Pulock will suit up for the Sound Tigers this weekend, but Brent Thompson knows the score: “As long as he’s here, we know our job will be to get him 100 percent healthy, 100 percent conditioned, 100 percent in game shape to get him ready to be called up.” [CT Post]
- Notes on Bridgeport’s injuries and double Star Wars Nights. [Soundin’ Off]
- David Quenneville and the Medicine Hat Tigers are all over the CHL Spotlight.
- This may come as a great surprise to you but Sidney Crosby has accumulated a lot of points against the Islanders in his career. [Pensburgh]
- Last night’s NHL scores.
- Gerard Gallant wants everyone to know that the Panthers DID call him a car when he was fired, but he didn’t want to wait and called his own cab. Good to know. Thanks, Turk. [Sportsnet]
- Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s John Shannon talks to 12 coaches (11 anonymously) about what it’s like to be on the firing line all the time.
- The NWHL returns to the ice this weekend with more concerns about player salaries. If you can support your local team, you should. [Victory Press]
- I won’t believe Randy Carlyle is truly a changed man until I see him make himself toast. [Puck Daddy]
- A goalie making 98 saves in a game is a pretty crazy. A high school goalie making 98 saves is borderline inconceivable. [Puck Daddy]