No time to dwell on putrid penalty killing and the standings. The Islanders play again tonight in Buffalo with old friend Kyle Okposo waiting.
FIG picks go here. You can pick Okposo, and you’ll probably be right, but you won’t get credit for it.
And as if you needed even more incentive to watch:
If the Islanders think they're saving face or being cagey by finally giving Berube a start before Christmas, I've got news for them. If the team wins tonight and/or Berube plays well, they'll look like dopes for not playing him earlier. If they lose and/or he plays poorly, they'll look like dopes for bending over backwards to keep him on the roster. Either way, they look like dopes.
Fair? No. The product of a shitty, demoralizing, derailed season. Yeah.
- Recaps of an entertaining but ultimately futile game: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NYI Skinny | SCH
- Before the game, Steve took a look at the ins-and-outs of Andrew Ladd and will take full credit for the goal he scored last night.
- Anthony Beauvillier was scratched because veterans or something. [Newsday]
- The case for giving Beauvillier a regular roster spot. You sold me. [FanRag]
- What the Islanders have been doing with Jean-Francois Berube is incredibly stupid. One start doesn't change that. [Eyes on Isles]
- Some Sound Tigers notes before their game against Providence. Expect Jon Landry to sign a contract as his PTO expires. [Soundin Off]
- One guy who's having a good season is Sound Tigers defenseman Devon Toews, who is impressing the coaches. [CT Post]
- Another guy who's having a good season is Oshawa defenseman Mitch Vande Sompel, who won't be at World Juniors but isn't letting the snub get to him. [Oshawa Express]
- But could the Generals actually trade Vande Sompel this season? [Durham Region]
- Last night's NHL scores.
- Dallas' Cody Eakin tried to decapitate Henrik Lundqvist last night. [DBD]
- Kris Letang will be out a couple of weeks. [Pensburgh]
- The decline of the Red Wings has been a long time coming. That 25-year playoff streak is in serious jeopardy. [Sportsnet]
- The musical entertainment for the WIngs-Maple Leafs outdoor Centennial Classic is Bryan Adams and two Canadian acts you've never heard of. [NHL.com]
- So Patrik Elias still has a contract and a spot in the Devils locker room. But he's not close to playing again. [The Hockey News]
It's never a bad time to hear Pat LaFontaine talk about the Easter Epic.