FIG picks go here. Game time is 7pm.
- Arthur Staple's mailbag is full of interesting intel from inside the Islanders' locker room.
- So, uh, how are the Islanders doing? Have you ever seen, "The Thing?" [LHH]
- Is a lineup shake-up coming? Would it even matter? [Metro]
- Elliotte Friedman has a couple of quick Jon Ledecky thoughts in his offering this week.
- Sportsnet on the growing frustration from Jack Capuano and basically everyone.
- The Point Blank podcast talks about the season hanging by a thread.
- And if you want to look past tonight's game and cry, Kyle Okposo is waiting in Buffalo to play his former teammates Friday night. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers came from 5-1 down to tie Lehigh Valley but couldn't force overtime, losing to the Phantoms 8-6. [CT Post | Soundin' Off liveblog]
- Mathew Barzal has made Team Canada's final World Junior roster. This is my shocked face. The tournament starts December 26. [Toronto Sun]
- Thomas Greiss is a calm dude on the ice and a thrill seeker off of it. [NHLPA]
- Last night's NHL scores. Make it ten (10)(!!) wins in a row for the Flyers.
- Dale Tallon is back in charge of the Panthers, where he was in charge all along. Waitwhat? [Sportsnet]
- While hosting Hockey Central, Doug MacLean was attacked by a piece of ceiling. [Awful Announcing]
- Best wishes to former NHL coach Ron Wilson, who is recovering from a recent stroke. [LA Times]
- After beating the Islanders in Brooklyn, the Capitals enjoyed some New York City nightlife. [Russian Machine]
- The NHL's Centennial will include a bunch of activities that might be coming to a town near you. [NHL.com]
- Want to know what the super VIP package for a Nets game at Barclays is like? Well, here you go. And it won't cost you seven grand. [NY Times]
- RIP TV great, hockey lover and legendary Canadian Alan Thicke [Bardown]. The man could do anything, even rapping Christmas carols with Ninja Turtles [AV Club]