Good morning folks. A big 'tweener day 'round here. No game yesterday, no game today. Not much gonna be going on. Watch Moonstruck!
- Some good news (you may remember him being hurt on one of the Columbus goals the other night):
Word is nothing broken for Johnny Boychuk from shot block last night. We'll see if he practices tomorrow. #Isles— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) December 11, 2016
- The Isles PK has a nice looking percentage in terms of goals allowed on PKs. I'm pretty sure we're getting caved on shots 4v5 though, so a bit of a mirage. [FanRag]
- Dan and Leboff are back with Episode 26 of Islanders Anxiety. Give it a listen. [LHH]
- The Sound Tigers were knocked off by the baby Penguins 4-1. Kane Lafranchise had the only Bridgeport goal and yes I'm only mentioning it because of his name. [Soundin' Off | CT Post]
- Your weekly Metro Division snapshot, courtesy of In Ray We Trust. [All About the Jersey]
Rest of NHL That
- Last night's NHL scores.
- Should the Tampa Bay Lightning be worried? All the staff at Raw Charge weighs in. There's cause for concern, in my opinion.
- "Will the NHL Ever Get It Right" is the title of this piece, and frankly the author could've written just about anything and it would have been a correct indictment of Gary Bettman's NHL. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Ah, yes, the tropes are in! Why are the Blue Jackets winning games? Simple. Because they're concentrating on winning. Huh, it's that easy?
- Dan was a featured guest on the Hockey Night in New York podcast, but fair warning to those at work: the link autoplays.